Chapter 39

" yeh kya ho raha hai yahan ? " Anirudh's stern tone echoed through the hall making everyone still in their place.

Somnath and Batuk were still holding the baby as they were fighting to hold her. The baby was looking back at forth between them confused. They too were fighting to hold her as if she was the last piece of sweet left in the box.

Trilochan as usual was ignoring them like they didn't exist.

They both gulped in fear as their brother approached them. But still they both were holding the baby. She was dangling between them.

" paaapa paah pa " she happily threw her hands seeing him.

He gave her a small smile before taking her in her arms. As soon as she went to his arms Anirudh glared at the two of them. His eyes were so intense that it could have burned hole in their shirts.

" bacchi hai meri.. Rassi nahi jo aise kheench rahe ho " their mind stopped working after hearing that one word. They didn't register what he said after that. He said meri. He said his child.

" aur Batuk se to maine umeed hi chod di hai par mujhe tumse ye umeed nahi thi Som. How can you be so careless? Woh bhi ek doctor hoke. " he scolded but they were looking at him like he was some kind of ghost.

" kya ho raha hai bhai ? main ek minute ke liye kya gayi mahabharat shuru kardi aap logo ne " Bondita came rushing down the stairs.

" tum " Anirudh suddenly pointed finger at her , glaring like a predator but it didn't take him seconds to turn into a cat seeing her hands on her waist and threatening look in her eyes. The biwi ka khouff was working too well.

" main kya " she asked intimidated.

" in.. I-in gadhon ko kyu diya isse. Pata hai kya kar rahe the yeh log " he accused.

" tel me pakode to tal nahi rahe the. to itna chillane ki jaroorat kya hai. Dono ke dono khaate peete mushtande hai paanch saal ke bacche nahi jo ek 6 mahine ki bacchi nahi sambhal payenge. " she scolded him instead.

" aur aap dono " she turned to them as they were holding back their laughs. " Aap isse nahi sambhal paa rahe jab aapki apni aulaad hogi usse kaise sambhalenge aap " she lightly scolded.

Somnath blushed profusely but Batuk pouted.

" shaadi to kara nahi rahe... to aulaad kya nariyal ke ped se tapkegi . Inki chodo main to pocket mein sehra liye ghum raha hu meri to yeh kara nahi rahe " Batuk rolled his eyes at Trilochan, giving him a look.

Bondita tried to mask her laugh but incredibly failed.

" kaka kal pandit ko bula lijiye " Anirudh suddenly ordered making their eyes wide.

" m-maine itni jaldi bhi nahi kaha " he spoke nervously.

Anirudh gave him a look that screamed are you for real.

" pa-pandit ko kyun beta? " Trilochan feared as his mind raced with possibilities.

Anirudh looked at the baby warmly who was playing with his brooch, keeping head on his shoulder. He pecked her head and turned to look at the family members.

" kyunki kal main iska naam karan aur annprasan dono rakhwana chahta hu. "

Bondita's heart beat was racing ,trying to get out of the rib cage. Did he just..

" KYA? Tum pagal ho gaye ho Anirudh " Trilochan shouted making them all confused and Batuk made a disgusting face . 

" iss mein pagal hone ki kya baat ho gayi main samajh nahi paa raha . main to seedha seedha aapse yeh keh raha hun ki mujhe isska naamkaran karana hai pandit ko bula lijiye . " Anirudh held the baby tighter , looking at him with judgement .