Chapter 1: Travel Plans

Hello everyone! So, it's been a year since Owl House ended, and I thought I'd try taking a swing at a little idea I've had for a story surrounding the show. I've actually been offhandedly developing elements for this since *checks file* end of October. So yeah, I've been kinda trying to let it brew for a bit and figure out how I wanna take things. This entire story was centered around one singular idea that popped into my head before branching out. So I have a little bit of a mystery for you guys to try and solve:

What was the idea that started this story?

This may not have any real consistency when it comes to chapters releasing like I did with my other stuff so far, I've got things to do outside of this after all (and other ideas I'd like to flesh out). I won't try to leave you guys waiting too long between chapters though.

Oh yeah, here's a hint for the mystery: A Witch Loses A True Way.

Now then, let's get this story started!

-

Chapter 1: Travel Plans

Snow covers the surrounding area, along with some trees adorned with red leaves. Peering over a great height is the sight of an unusual landscape. Red was seen all along the land, with large protrusions reaching to the amber skies above, almost resembling a ribcage. The ribcage comparison may have been more accurate than not, as far away in the distance at the end of it all, was a massive skull. Looking out to the left or right, a pair of arms could be seen outstretching to either side. Overall, it was as if the entire land itself was the remains of one very, very, large individual.

One of titanic proportions.

The clouds hovered around the same height as some of the tallest points of the ribcage

The clouds hovered around the same height as some of the tallest points of the ribcage. The ocean all around the supposed corpse was a bit more purple in hue. It looked relatively calm, but there was a certain haze that lightly warped the view of the ocean as if the waters were far hotter than they appeared.

The wind blew, drawing the gaze of a figure standing atop the peak of what seemed to be the titanic being's knee. The figure gazed upon the bizarre, yet familiar land. There was a certain pull they felt, a level of comfort the figure could not understand. They felt at home here. They felt-

BEEP!

BEEP!

BEEP!

"Ugh." A drawled groan erupted suddenly. Right. Reality.

Abruptly, the view of the bizarre and colorful world was replaced by the sight of a rather normal-looking bedroom. On the wall behind a desk was a poster for The Good Witch Azura alongside a statue of a large purple snake-like monster with the name 'Gildersnake' written on the small pedestal it sat on. A table with a digital alarm clock on it could be seen beside a bed with someone wrapped up under the covers. The covers themselves were adorned with the design of a proud bird coated in flames.