Chapter 4: Terrifying Beasts and Where to Find Them

[Someone in a Discord I'm in posted this. Just wanted to share it.]

Okay, I ended up forgetting to point out that Flint wore gray tennis shoes as a part of his outfit (I have updated that part in Chapter 1 now) but I'm gonna just go ahead and give an overall reminder/update on Flint's bio.

Name: Flint Smith

Mother: Madelyn Smith

Race: Caucasian (once pale, now his skin tone looks healthy)

Body Type: Lean (originally a bit skinny, now his physique is healthy. He doesn't look like he's all that strong, but he is sturdier than he looks)

Hobbies: Magical fantasy novels and various other pop culture, crafting, drawing

Luz's nickname for him: Flintlock (Own one for home defense)

His name for Luz: Starlight

Eyes: Lavender

Ears: Rounded

Hair: Yellow-gold buzz cut

Outfit: red-orange jacket, gold shirt and socks, black athletic shorts, and gray tennis shoes

Phone case: Red

Magic Color: Scarlet

Alright, now on to the chapter!

-

Chapter 4: Terrifying Beasts and Where to Find Them

It was a dark and cloudy day in the Boiling Isles today. Flint was propped up on the couch as he sketched in his sketchbook. Held by a paperclip on the left side of the book was a printed picture of a Zorua from Pokémon, specifically the original Dark-Type variant, as he attempted to draw a more realistic version of it on the other page. Or rather, he was drawing, but had elected to take a small break...

For completely understandable reasons.

Luz was sitting on the floor in front of him as she recorded King with her phone as he attempted to pry a duck-patterned sock off his face.

"And here we have the most fearsome creature in the world, the King of Demons. Facing his natural enemy...the ducky sock!" Luz spoke, acting like an animal documentary narrator, eliciting a snicker from Flint as he stopped to watch with an amused smile.

King grunts, struggling as he attempts to remove the aforementioned sock with rubber ducky designs on it from his face, and failing.

"A truly dastardly foe indeed, as it preys on the King of Demons' innate curiosity, luring him into an unintentional trap." Flint joined in, doing his own narrator voice.

That was a lie. Flint was the one who put the sock on King's face.

He was not disappointed in the results.

Kings' annoyance, whether it was more at the sock or the humans' antics, tears the sock into pieces, then punches the remnants. "Where are you now, ducky sock?" King said triumphantly before pointing at Flint. "Just you wait! You will know my wrath!"

Flint gave a sassy smile. "Uh-huh. Sure I will." Flint said sarcastically.

"So, why'd you call us here again?" Luz asked.

"Oh, yeah," King said, climbing up a table with something covered by a curtain as Luz continued recording him. "Human Luz, Human Flint, you've been so obsessed with witchcraft that you haven't learned anything about my kind. Prepare yourself for..." King rips off the curtain to reveal a corkboard of photos of various demons; puts on a hat and spins the cord on top of it. "Demons 101!" King announced.