Chapter 13: Anyone up for some bacon?

"Please?"

"No."

"Pretty please?"

"Adding another word isn't going to change my mind."

"Make me one!"

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"No."

"Good. We're in agreement."

"Oh come on! You were supposed to get mixed up!"

"That trick isn't gonna work on me."

"Dangit!"

Some of you may be wondering: what's going on? Well, King is currently failing trying to convince Flint to make him a Glyph Grafter in his size as he prepares breakfast for everyone. However, Flint takes pride in being the most mature non-palisman inhabitant of the house. So yeah, that's not working out so well for King.

"Why not?!" King demanded.

"You're way too immature and can't be trusted with the ability to make fire on a whim," Flint said without a beat.

"Would you let Trixx have one?" King questioned.

"..."

"Seriously?!"

"Hey, she helped us by getting all those branding gloves for materials. If anything it would at least be a reward for her help." Flint defended. "That, and she's more mature than you."

"Oh yeah? What makes her more mature than me?" King asked accusingly.

Flint gave King a deadpan look. "King. You wanted to abuse Eda's half-beast state just to take over a playground. Which, had I not stopped you, would've undoubtedly gotten you captured given your track record with having things under your command."

"Name one!" King said.

"I'll give you two. The trash slug and the toy army." Flint said bluntly.

"I said one!" King cried out indignantly. "...how did you know about the trash slug?" King said in a quieter tone.

"I don't care, and Eda told me about it. You're not getting one of these gloves until you can prove you're responsible. Plus, I'd still need to make one in your size anyway." Flint stated.

King grumbled in annoyance at not getting what he wanted.

-

Later Flint could be seen eating the last of his breakfast at the table and now in his school uniform. Eda was over at the stove, stirring a pot of...something. King was meanwhile watching Luz (also in her uniform) grumpily from the floor as she talked with Willow and Gus on a crystal ball.

"So they said I couldn't remove my thumb, but check this out!" Luz proceeds to use an optical illusion to 'remove' her thumb. "Whoop!"

Gus was immediately panicked by this, recoiling back from the screen. "You sliced it off! You sliced off your own thumb!" Gus said in horror.

"Gus, it's not that bad," Flint said with a drawn-out sigh.

"How is that not bad!? She ripped off her thumb!! WHERE'S THE BLOOD!?" Gus exclaimed on the other side.