Chapter 11 | Scrambled Eggs (2)

The lift reaches the top of the building and opens, where Alastor, Zestial and Frank walk out. Frank watches as other come out of other lifts and go into another room, Zeezi stepping over him due to her massive stature. Frank follows them in and stands near Alastor's seat. turns to look at Frank and he waves. She smiles widely at him, showing her pointed, knife-like teeth. Frank hides behind Alastor's chair as Carmilla Carmine walks to the head of the table.

Then (Y/n) had come in as some of the Overlords with surprised she had arrived. She nodding to them as a greeting as she went to give Rosie a quick hug.

"Surprised you'll be here sweetie!"

"Probably just for this time, Rosie. But it's always good to see you"

"My Dear, if I had known you'll be joining us, I would've waited" Alastor said

"Thank you Alastor but I had some things to take care of before joining you all today" (Y/n) said, walking towards her seat beside Carmilla. She gave Carmilla a nod as she smiled at (Y/n).

"(Y/n), it's been too long."

"I apologize for my lack of appearance but I knew today's meeting was too important to miss"

Carmilla put a hand on her shoulder, giving her a reassuring nod, knowing why (Y/n) was absent for so long.

"Welcome, Hell's sovereign overlords and Ally of Hell's Rulers. I've invited you all here because you represent the controlling powers of our city. Together, you own millions of souls. Souls at risk with the new schedule." Carmilla explains

"We need to discuss what can be done to minimize the impact to our interest." She continues as aggressively slams her fist on the table while Zestial comes and sit by Carmilla

"Zestial, so good to see you, my friend"

"Enchanted as always, Carmilla" Zestial says, summning teacup and saucer. Carmilla then notices Alastor

"Alastor?"

"Yes, I know I've been absent some time. I'm sure you've all been wondering!"

"...Not really. But welcome back in any case" She says as Alastor narrows his eyes and looks offended in Carmilla's general direction. Carmilla then shows a slide, projecting onto the wall behind her

This year's Extermination was brutal, far more even than years past. We have assessed that about 16% of the population was lost. With the angelic legions now returning twice as quickly, I think it prudent we-"

But she was then cut off as the door slammed open by Velvette, who was on the phone. And judging by her words, everyone in the room would assume she was speaking with one of the Vees.

"Yes, I've got it handled, . Are you doubting me? Really? Me? That's what I thought. *laughs* Yes, I know. They're all a joke. Thank you, V. See you soon. Kisses, darling" She says, hanging up for the phone as she sat on the opposite side of the table of Carmilla.

"Nice of you to join us, Velvette. Will your... colleagues be joining?"

"No, they have better shit to do than to listen to an old windbag who thinks she's tough shit. I'm here to represent"

"Charming. So, as I was saying, we need to discuss-"

Carmilla stops talking as Velvette waves her hand in the air.

"Yes?"

"On the subject of discussion..."

Velvette takes out the head of an Exorcist and throws it onto the table. The other overlords and (Y/n) look at it and mutter to each other.