Chapter 19: meeting her parents

[writer's notes: hi everyone, i've gotten back to writing this story]

AUTHOR POV:

the next day, Boyfriend approached Girlfriend at the park. they sat on a swing each, slightly blushing at each other as they stared, then looked back. they laughed joyfully as they joked about their past experiences. but there was one, one that was not to be talked off:

Boyfriend's past with the Starmen.

however, Boyfriend was still reluctant to see Girlfriend's parents, believing they could hinder him as what he once was: nothing more then a delinquent. 

''come on dude. it's gonna be fine. they'll like you, i'm sure'' Gf tried to put him at ease, knowing he might chicken out without her help. 

''i can't... this is gonna be shit'' Bf spoke. ''we're not even a thing''

''well, i know that, but i just think you should meet them regardless'' Girlfriend had continued.

''uuugggghhh alright'' Boyfriend groaned and sighed. he knew he was in for it now.

or partially. never mind that.

Boyfriend hopped off the swing, and tried very hard not to grab Girlfriend's hand, as he didn't want to rush things. Girlfriend had texted both her parents about a specific 'guest' that would be visiting for dinner.

and what a toozy would that be.

Girlfriend knocked on the door, and eventually Daddy Dearest had opened the door to see them both.

''welcome home, deeeeeeaaaaa- wait. who's this?'' DD greeted, also questioning the blue haired runt that was right in front of him.

''this is my friend, Boyfriend. you know, the guest i wanted to bring over?'' Girlfriend explained. her father took a small glance at him, eyeing him dead in the, well, eye.

''alright Bf, why don't you come in?'' DD asked, trying to be polite. 

Boyfriend nodded, and walked in with them both. he knew he had to act cool. he knew he had to be serious. if he was to date Girlfriend, he had to make sure he wasn't shit talking her parents, let alone make them think he was an asshole.

Girlfriend's mother, Mommy Mearest, had also sat down. they all sat around the dinner table, awkwardly. on the plates were Double M's meat loaf. she wasn't the best at cooking, but the meat loaf was, and looked, edible. 

Boyfriend used a knife and fork to eat said meat loaf that was on his plate, not wanting to have a conversation with both Double D and MM, not fearing, but expecting the worst if they talked with him. deciding to just keep cool, he held hard to make sure he would not have to leave on a bad term at all.

Girlfriend, on the other hand, quickly broke the silence.

''so do you guys want to know how me and him met?'' she asked.

''this is the second time you've had a boyfriend? what about Tabi?'' DD was curious. Cassandra, meanwhile, had managed to get out of dinner to hang out with her friends Cyclops and Alucard.

''My EX? well, days ago Bf saved me from him'' Gf admitted.

''wait, he did? but how?'' MM was both interested and concerned.

''let's just say he got real mad at me for declining the football team, then started beating me to Timbuctoo and back or something like that, and Girlfriend got caught in the rage. i think i should just be happy i was there to stop him. then i had to save her after she got raped'' Bf explained. ''both very shitty scenarios, really.''

''sweetie are you alright?'' DD quickly had shaky hand as he gripped Girlfriend into an overprotective hug.

''kind of... still recovering from being held against my will....'' Gf said.

Boyfriend eventually had to leave. 

but as he left, DD stopped him, giving a gesture that was an 'i've got my eye on you'.