2: An Enemy Shared

The following two weeks were a mixture of both difficult times or moments everyone had goofed off and you couldn't help yourself as you got closer with both Cleven and Egan. Your interactions were more secluded and filled your heart with excitement. Even when they would be sitting next to you during a meeting or at the mess-hall, it was still all the same and you felt yourself starting to feel something different for them, that wasn't just a friendly relationship.

With the morning sun shining down onto you, it was too hot outside as beads of sweat rolled down your forehead. You decided to quickly unzip your combat jacket to take it off and wrap it around your waist, leaving you in a white tank top which had already cooled you down. You were sure no one was going to mind, or care as much.

You knew you were hungry and you weren't going to stop yourself from getting breakfast despite the heat, though the mess-hall being even sweatier than outside. Breakfast right around the corner, you make way into the hall. Greeted with an apple thrown at your face with only seconds to react.

Bucky had this mischievous grin on his face as he watched your eyes shoot daggers towards him, knowing he was the one to do it. His partner in crime, Buck, is sitting back at the corner of the table looking up and watching the interaction as he takes a bite out of his own apple. Chewing very slowly as a way to taunt you.

"Very funny." You mumble over to them as you lean down to pick up the apple from the floor. An unamused expression on your face. In one swift motion, the sound of someone's hand accompanied by the sounds of a slap echoed throughout the mess-hall and you flush with embarrassment and surprise, feeling the palm of someone's hand smack your behind.

You peer up to see none other than Sgt. Blaine, one of another Bomb Group's crew members. A perverted and misogynistic freak he was, who had no filter and couldn't care less how much he pushed you until you snapped. Who knew he had out for you, to the point where he would force you to quit because of his antics he would play like it was a game.

Egan hears a quiet gasp come from you after getting your ass smacked and he glances over to Blaine who had done it. The tension in the room grows thicker and a cold look fans over his face as he glares at Sgt. Blaine, wanting to tear his eyes out then and there.

"That wasn't so nice now, was it?" Mumbles from Egan as he glares at Blaine from across the table, watching as Blaine's minions chuckle at the situation. A chair squeaks along the wood floor as Egan pushes his own back, standing up to approach the man, the hands of his starting to ball into fists. But before he could do anything, Cleven grabs his arm from behind him.

All you could do was stare blankly and straighten back up, trying to not let what happened affect you. You didn't want to be shown as weak, which is what Blaine had wanted. Even Cleven knew you were struggling to control your emotions as he saw right through your facade, too overwhelmed from what happened.

"Hey, hey, look at me. It's alright now." Cleven guides your eyes to his own, a natural at soothing his fellow airmen in the darkest of times. It was that obvious when you looked at his pair of soft charming eyes, noticing how he was trying to hold his anger in by taking deep breaths in and out, wanting to be the bigger person in all of this.

Egan on the other hand, had no care in the world if he seemed like the bigger person or not by letting it go. He wanted to beat Blaine to a pulp. Gaining the strength to turn back around, you glare at Sgt. Blaine. "You're such a fucking asshole."

Cleven didn't hold you back as you made your remark, pulling back his arm to his side. However, Egan wasn't having it, letting out a heavy huff before spinning Blaine around by the collar of his jacket and glaring into his eyes.