16: Celebrations

The cluster of people had certainly caught your attention when you walked in, wearing your Air Force uniform with some adjustments. People were laughing, dancing, and singing to the music that'd been playing, the trumpets sounding out as men spun their girls around on the dance floor.

You'd make an entrance with Biddick right by your side, Egan and Cleven having joined earlier. The eyes of yours dart around the room to find Dye holding Lil while men from the group congratulated him yet again, Dye pulling his girl along with him as he made way to the other Captains and Majors.

Egan watches as Dye comes forth with a grin on his face as he raises his hands, a cigar between his teeth. Cheering, Dye put his hands up in surrender with a smile on his face. "There's our very own Charlie Robertson!"

You stopped listening when it was obvious they'd been talking about sports, turning your attention back towards Biddick. "Surprised you made it this far to celebrate someone's coming home, Curt?"

Biddick grinned back at your remark, giving a shrug as he shoved his hands in his pockets. "Figured I'd make the effort to stay alive, you know? Besides, this celebration is a chance to catch you in party mode. Something I don't think we've seen yet."

You looked bashful as you remembered the time months ago where Cleven and Egan had danced together the night in Egan's room. "You haven't seen it yet, but Cleven and Egan sure as hell have."

Snickering to himself as his eyes darted to the duo of Majors, he realized to take the chance to dance with you before they got to. "I feel kind of robbed right now, honestly. You've hung around me once this whole time you've been back while they've had their fair share."

"They're my boyfriends, you're just my wingman."
You couldn't help the smirk growing on your face when Biddick shook his head at your comment, eyes widening in amusement. What you just said was the truth, him being someone you could rely on to watch out for you when you needed him there.

"Is that so?" He crosses his arms over his chest, his head tilting a bit to the side as his eyebrows raise again. You rolled your eyes at his retort. "Don't let that boost your ego, I said it to be nice."

"Well aren't you such a kind person, saying things like that to people just so they don't feel bad. You're too nice. Such a sweetheart." You faked a sweet smile as you turned to him, but you both knew it was just playful banter. "Thanks, I try to be."

A small laugh escaped through Biddick's lips to the smile you faked back to him. This sort of thing has been a routine between you both for awhile now, where a joke with a quick teasing jab was always followed up with the play along tactic. Both of you were so accustomed to it, it was as if all the humor and teasing was second nature to you both by now.

"If you really would like to, I wouldn't mind a dance with my best friend." Giving a soft smile to him, you hear the Majors give a cheer of drinks in the background to Dye.

"I would be honored to dance with my best friend."
He pulls his hands out of his pockets before holding them out for you to take. You take them with a grin on your face, watching as he pulls you toward the dance floor for a fun-filled dance.

~

It had been over before you knew it, both of your bodies drained from energy as you fought the adrenaline to keep going. You jab Biddick in the side when you both stand on the sidelines, watching the others now. "Thanks again Curtis. It was nice to have some fun after all that we've gone through."

He laughs lightly at your jabbing with his attention back over toward the party still in full swing. The group was getting pretty loud, and you could tell some of the men already had more than two drinks than the rest of them. "I agree. It's refreshing to give ourselves a break from the horror we've seen."