2

{18Years Ago}

Jazzlyn's POV
So my parents separated and I had to move all the way to San Fransisco, California with my dad. Living with my mom was out of the question since she doesn't have a stable income to support me. I honestly don't even know how it happened honestly. I realized they have been fighting a lot but I didn't think it would ever get this bad.

My sister Jaya moved out at eighteen and never turned back. Almost like she had knew our parents were gonna fall apart.

Now with my new life here in California, I have to learn to adapted again. Starting to tomorrow at my new high school that I will be attending.

God, I hate being new.

I hate not knowing my way around or having friends to talk to and teachers to know. Going to a new school is like going to a whole other planet and everyone around is watching.

"Jazzy."

"Yes Dad."

"How you settling in?" My father asked me.

"If I'm honest, I miss home. I miss my old life, my school and my friends. I wanna live with you dad but why California? Couldn't we move somewhere back at home?" I asked him.

"This is where I was born. I know it sucks and change can be tough but I promise honey, it won't be as bad." He promises.

"Whatever you say." I said to him sarcastically while tossing my shirt across my bed stubbornly.

I hear my dad sighing and closes my room door as I continue unpacking my clothes.

___

It was my first day at San Francisco High School and let me tell you, the school is huge. I think over a thousand students go here and that's the scary part. Just when I was on my way to the inside of the building, i already seen a bunch students running in the same direction.

"OH SHIT.....THEY FIGHTING!" I heard a student shouted.

A FIGHT? ALREADY?!

Normally i wouldn't get involved and just mind my business but it seems everyone was invested and I kinda wanna know what the issue at this school is on why there is a fight in the middle of the semester.

I ended up running where everyone was to see all the commotion. In a empty space during the crowd, I saw a black boy and a Samoan boy standing at each other face to face.

"Aye, I'mma need you to stop talking to my girl. I'm really about to fuck you up for real."

"Ion even want your girl."

"Then why I check her phone, I see y'all messages?"

"Keyshawn! What the fuck are you doing?" A pretty girl with some box braids in her hair stepped in, placing her hand in front of the black boy as she tried to push him away from the Samoan boy.

I can already tell this fight was about dumb shit and obviously the black boy is mad that his girlfriend is talking to a whole other dude. This type of stuff is so typical.

"I already talk to you about this. Me and Joshua are just friends. You just trippin over nothing." She tried to tell him.

"Nah, I don't wanna hear that shit. Stop being naive because this thing you both have isn't just a friendship. He's trying to get with you and you being stupid as fuck to realize." the black boy says.

"He's not!"

"Aye, y'all seem like y'all have issues to resolve. Leave me out of it." The Samoan boy stated as he turned around.