15

Author's pov

The ride to Namjoon's parents' house was quiet, nobody said anything, they already said their condolences to him which he answered half heartedly.

They were all sad about the loss, they can't even imagine how it felt. Hoseok, Tae, and Jin are the most affected by it.

They are the closest to him, after all. They reached the location where the funeral was taking place only to find reporters there, which annoyed them.

Can't they see that people are grieving here? How dud they even find out about it. They started pushing through the security immediately they saw them, trying to get answers.

Kim Namjoon, how do you feel about your loss?

Do you have anyone in mind who is responsible for it?

Was it perhaps anyone close?

Was your mother arrogant enough to offend someone thinking your fame might help?

Do you think she deserves it, or do you wanna justify her actions?

What kind of reporters are these? It's as if they don't know what they were saying. All their questions were offensive, making the members mad, but they had to be careful because one word  from them may offend the masses.

They wanted to ask more questions, but a single glare from suga made them step back.

They wanted to continue, taking the glare as a bluff, but Jin spoke up. "I wonder which company you work with, I'll make sure to have a nice conversation with your boss over a cup of tea," he says with a harmless smile on his face, but they knew the meaning behind it.

Some reporters cower in fear, afraid to offend them. No matter who was backing them up, they couldn't afford to offend them too much. They knew they were licensed and could cover some of their actions with the law, but they also knew their limits.

But one repoterwas overly confident, "Is this a threat Mr Kim, we have permit to ask questions, we are neither trespassing nor are we violating your privacy,everythingwe are doing is backed by theaw " he says with a triumphantsmirk,  thinkinghe won.

"No, Mr... ummm... kwan..." he says, reading his name tag. "...nobody accused you of trespassing or violation of privacy,  but it not our fault if you feel guilty of it, if you want to know, I am in a matter of fact threatening you, I'll make sure to mention your name in particular, after all we both know who has the upper hand,  and who's going to loose his job."

He says with a smile before leading the members inside, leaving the reporters speechless.

The funeral went smoothly without any other interference. The members offered their condolence to Namjoon's family, after which they went back to his family house to stay for the night.

The next day, they went back to their dorm in the evening, the gloom following them, and they all knew it would be there for weeks to come.

Three Month Later

It's been months since the death of Namjoons mother, and he has finally accepted the fact she was gone, but he is still healing.

Hoseok was by his throughout the difficult times, putting their differences aside, but he still doesn't talk with Taehyung, even though they meet each other every second.

Today, they went for practice as their comeback is just a month away. They've been going to the company every day. They were all drained, and Hoseok made them work their butt's off.

They were hungry and tired, and when they returned, they all went to shower, while Jin ordered takeouts as he was too tired to cook.

Jin was in the kitchen watching some short videos on friends after setting the table when Namjoon came from behind poking his head to see what he was watching, making him blush.