Chapter Fourteen: A DeadBeat Father

Erika's POV

The man I should call a father but never been one in my life decided to come back.

Crazy after all of these years, he decided to come back acting like he didn't leave me, my brother and mom.

Where was  he when I needed him the most?

Where was he when Mom became sick?

Where was he when I had my first heartbreak?

"You have grown a lot since the last time I saw you." Dad said.

I rolled my eyes at him and scoffed. "The last time you saw me was when I was three."

"I know but I am here now." He said.

What the hell does that supposed to mean?

"Well, you are too late now and I want you to leave." I told him.

"Let me just explain."

"Explain what? Because there is nothing to talk about other than you being the worst father in my life and to be honest you don't even deserve to be called dad."

"How's your mom doing?"

Is he serious right now like he should that mom been dead for years......Actually why am I shocked? , he doesn't give a shit about anyone but himself and also he never came back to see how she was doing before she died.

I rolled my eyes. " She is in heaven what do you think?"

"Damn I could had-"

I chuckled. "Please like you actually want to do that so you can pretend that you are a good husband and father but  matter of fact go back to your second family since I am sure they need you."

"How the hell do you know about that?!"

"Don't worry about that because all I want you to do is get the hell out of here."

"Look my second wife found out I cheated on her and divorced me then took all of my money so I-"

"You need a place to stay? That's not going to happen, and frankly, I'm glad she made that decision because you deserved it."

"Hey babe, what is going on?" Sammy asked, as he got out of his car and walked towards us.

"This is my dad and I wish he never came back because I don't want to see him ever in my life again after what he had done." I stated.

"I should had known you were dating someone because there is no way you would have afford this house." Terry, my dad said.

"Are you suggesting that you think I'm with my fiancé for his money?" I asked, and he nodded. "Listen, Terry, I couldn't care less about the money. The love I have for Sammy is far superior to how you treated Mom. I would never exploit someone I deeply love for financial gain, so erase that thought from your mind."

"I shouldn't had said that because I know you are not that type of person to do that and also you are engaged?"

"Yes I am before you ask you are not invited to the wedding because there is no way I would want someone that left when I was three to be there on my special day."

"How long have you guys been dating?"

"Four almost five years but why are you asking about that."

"All I know it will be better than what your mom and I had."

Yeah before you left her and your kids...