First burn

Enid's Perspective

I was sitting in the corner of Yokos dorm. She is having a party with all of our friends and some on the new kids. It's fine, but also I have nothing to do here!

Maybe I can go and bring Wednesday over! Shes lots of fun! Infact I'll even send her a text. She will respond because I know she loves me.

               Future Wifey🖤

E: Babbyyyy

W: what Enid? God, I'm trying to work right now.

E: can you come to the party😔😔

W: No, leave me alone.

E: it's so boringggg

W: Fine, but when we get back, you need to take your medication.

E: whatever LOVE YOUUUU 💗💕💞💓💘❤️😍🥰😘🥰😍

I smile in satisfactory and put my phone down. She should be here soon.

I hear the door open over the loud music playing, WEDNESDAYS HERE!!

I run up to her and hug her waist tightly, but when I smell her, she doesn't smell like me, or the old vanilla and ink..

She smells like teenage boy. Who was she with. "Why do you smell like that?" I say defensively.

"Like what, love?" She responds looking at me confused. Is she stupid! Gosh- of course she isn't stupid. She is so intelligent. It makes me hurt.

"Y-You smell like a weird boys scent.." I say letting go of her waist.
I back away from her my back bumps into the wall. She just looks at me with a confused tint in her eyes.

"You were with someone. Weren't you Addams." I say sternly. I rush out of the room and run down the hall to my dorm.

Why am I so overreactent about this? What is up with me? Ugh. I feel so guilty for running away. But also, she was weird.

Her smell always floods my senses. Today, they didn't. She smelled dull. Like someone scented her before. Why am I thinking like this?

What's gotten into me?? I feel so emotional. And for what? This is such a stupid reason to cry about.

'Her and her words flooded my senses, her sentences left me defenseless. She built me palaces out of paragraphs, she built cathedrals.'

Her letter, she always wrote me letters. Either it was expressing her anger, sadness, or affection. They were always in a word form. I love that about her.

I also despise that about her. She went off and cheated on me, these letters. They mean nothing.

I might as well burn them..No! Enid what are you thinking! Those are sentimental! Special letters she made for you!!

I pick up the box containing the letters. I put on my coat and take the box into the woods. Nevermore has a camp program, so there should be a campfire area I can use.

Ugh! I hate that I'm doing this.. but my body won't stop moving. It hurts to even be out here doubting her. She's Wednesday..she would never cheat.. right?

But also, she has been with Xavier a lot more.. as I approach the bone fire, I pull out a box of matches.

I light a small fire, and I toss in the love letters. 'I think for anytime I thought you were mine..it feels my whole world seems to burn..'

'Just burn. I have fallen in love with an Icurus. She has flown to close to the sun..'

I'm watching the letters burn, crackles and snaps are heard. She has no right to my heart, she has no right to my bed. She doesn't get to know what I'll say.

I-I'll ruin her. I can make people dislike her right? Right..?

' She'll forfeit all rights to my heart, she'll forfeit all right to my bed. She can sleep in the library instead. With the numb thoughts of when she was mine..'

What do you think this story was inspired from?