9

The next day, as Taehyung sat by Felix's bedside, Jungkook entered the room.

There was a tension in the air, a mild animosity between the two men that lingered unspoken. "Taehyung," Jungkook greeted him, his tone civil but distant. "I hope Felix is doing better."

Taehyung nodded, his gaze steady. "He's resting now. Thanks for asking." There was a moment of silence, each man lost in his thoughts.

Taehyung was angry at Jungkook for judging his brother quickly and not being more understanding of Felix's situation. On the other hand, Jungkook felt a pang of jealousy and possessiveness towards Taehyung, knowing how close he had become to Felix.

After a moment, Jungkook spoke again. "Taehyung, can we talk? Maybe over coffee?" Taehyung raised an eyebrow, surprised by the invitation but willing to hear Jungkook out. "Sure, let's go."

They left the hospital room and headed to a nearby cafe. As they sat down with their coffee, there was a tense silence between them.

Finally, Jungkook spoke up. "Look, Taehyung, I know we haven't always seen eye to eye. But I want you to know that I appreciate everything you've done for Felix.

I may not always show it, but I'm grateful." Taehyung nodded, acknowledging Jungkook's words. "I understand. I care about Felix a lot, and I just want what's best for him."

Jungkook sighed, feeling a weight lifted off his shoulders. "I know. And I'm sorry if I came off as judgmental. I just... I worry about him, you know?" Taehyung smiled softly, the tension between them easing. "I get it. He's your brother, and you want to protect him. I respect that." As they sipped their coffee, the conversation turned lighter.

They began to bicker and tease each other, the mild enmity between them still present. "You know, Taehyung, for someone who claims to care about Felix, you sure have a funny way of showing it," Jungkook teased, a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

Taehyung chuckled, knowing Jungkook was trying to rile him up. "Oh please, Jungkook. You're just jealous that Felix likes me more than you." Jungkook rolled his eyes, taking a playful jab at Taehyung. "Please, Felix is my brother. He's supposed to like me more."

The banter continued, each man trying to outwit the other. Despite the teasing, there was a sense of camaraderie between them, a shared understanding that they both wanted what was best for Felix. As they finished their coffee and headed back to the hospital, the tension between Taehyung and Jungkook remained unresolved.

They had not apologized or fully addressed their issues, but for now, they were able to set them aside for the sake of Felix.

As Taehyung and Jungkook walked back to the hospital, their banter continued, the tension between them slowly morphing into something else.

There was a spark of attraction underlying their words, a recognition of the underlying chemistry between them. "You know, Taehyung, I have to admit, you're not as insufferable as I thought," Jungkook teased, a playful glint in his eyes. Taehyung laughed, feeling a warmth in his chest. "Well, you're not as bad as I initially thought either, Jungkook. Maybe there's hope for us yet."

As they entered Felix's room, they found him awake and smiling. "Hey, you two seem to be getting along," Felix remarked, noticing the subtle shift in their dynamic. Taehyung and Jungkook exchanged a glance, both realizing that something had changed between them.

They were no longer just rivals but something more, something that neither of them had expected.

As Taehyung and Jungkook's relationship took a new turn, Felix watched from his hospital bed, a sense of warmth and contentment washing over him.

He had always seen Jungkook more as a father figure than a brother, especially since they were adopted by the Jeon family. Growing up, Jungkook had always been there for him, more so than their parents, who were often busy with work.

Felix admired Jungkook's dedication and strength, knowing that beneath his brother's cold exterior, there was a deep well of care and compassion. Felix saw his long-lost dad in Jungkook, and he cherished every moment they spent together.

He knew that Jungkook had a special place in his heart for him, and he felt grateful to have him as a brother.

As for Taehyung, Felix felt a different kind of connection.
Despite knowing each other for only two days, Felix felt a motherly feeling towards Taehyung. He found comfort and warmth in Taehyung's presence, and he knew that Taehyung cared for him deeply.

Felix was aware that both Taehyung and Jungkook were more than 30 years old without any partners. He had always hoped that they would find someone special to share their lives with, but as he watched them together, he realized that maybe they didn't need anyone else.

He wanted them to be there for each other, to find solace and love in each other's company. And as he drifted off to sleep, he felt grateful for the bond they shared and hopeful for the future that lay ahead for all of them.