{CHAP 19}💐

Just as the sun began its descent, painting the sky with hues of crimson and gold, Clyde, Ethan, and Aki found themselves on an exciting journey -- a sleepover at Ethan's house. Their steps resonated with the laughter that could only come from strong bonds of friendship as they navigated the streets of town.

Clyde, pulling out his phone, dialed the familiar number of his parents. His voice echoed a mix of excitement and apprehension as he conveyed his plans. The response from the other end was an affirming yes, which brought a smile to his face. Little did Clyde know, the unexpected was yet to unveil an intricate surprise.

As they rounded the street corner, a behemoth structure loomed before them, grandiose like a mansion - no, it was more. The structure was akin to the illustrious White House itself. Clyde, and even the normally unflappable Aki looked up, their faces mirroring their awe.

"Good afternoon young master, welcome back!"

"woah,what is this?some kind of a movie that i watch in Netflix?"Aki whispers to Clyde

Ethan, suddenly, blushed pink in embarrassment as a delicate Summer peony when a chorus of greetings echoed from the line of maids lined by the entrance door.Clyde chuckle and nudged Ethan playfully, saying, "Oh man, Ethan! I knew you were loaded, but this is something else!"

With his heart pounding against his ribs like a rhythmic yet unruly drummer, Clyde followed their trail inside the mansion. As he stepped over the threshold, someone instantly caught his eye - it was Ivy. Her eyes, reminding him of autumn leaves, sparkled under the grand chandelier.

Clyde muttered in disbelief to himself, "ah... I almost forgot that they're step-siblings..." His voice trailed off, getting caught in his throat. Memories related to his old crush on Ivy coursed through his veins, a whirlwind of emotions that caught him off-guard.

Aki's eyes widened momentarily before he clapped Clyde on the back, replying, "I didn't knew that you know her!."

Clyde told Aki that Ivy was pretty famous on their school,and that's make Aki also stared at Ivy in amusement.

The stage was set for an evening that was going to be unforgettable. And Clyde, Ethan, and Aki took the first steps into the labyrinth of surprises, their footsteps echoing into the vast expanses of the towering mansion.

Under the ornate crystal chandeliers, Ethan guided Clyde and Aki to a grand living room. The flavor of old-world charm and modern elegance filled the vast area, taking their breath away. 

An enormous fireplace dwarfed them, its silent hearth waiting for stories to be told and heard. You could almost feel the room's enchantment looming subtly under the high ceiling.

No sooner had they settled into the antique, yet surprisingly comfortable couches than maids approached with an array of snacks.

They all featured in Ethan’s favourite list and after one bite into one of them, it wasn’t a surprise to Clyde and Aki as to why. The exhaustive variety indicated the household’s lavish lifestyle, making Clyde and Aki feel cherished and appreciated.

"Uhm guys,i just gotta go to my room to change my clothes,so uh you can just both eat and wait for me here"Ethan slightly bowed his head

"Oh yeah, it's fine,take your time.Well be waiting here"Clyde mutter with a smile while Aki just nod his head.

Ethan, excusing himself for a few moments, followed his butler upstairs, leaving Clyde and Aki immersed in their conversation. In between their lighthearted banter and crunch of mouth-watering snacks, Clyde found his gaze shifting to Ivy again and again. Observing her in the comfort of her own house was a different experience altogether.

In school, Ivy was known for her vibrant cheerfulness and sweet yet lively demeanor that was like the first ray of sunshine on a dew-kissed morning. But in the grandeur of her own home, Ivy was transformed. Her manner of speaking bore a hint of masculinity, adding a layer of dimension to her personality. Her clothing, elegant and refined, spoke volumes about her maturity. She appeared a lot more put together and, dare he say, stunning.