The voice is back! - Austin Butler

The sun beat down relentlessly on the set of Dune 2 as Austin Butler prepared for another day of filming, his mind buzzing with anticipation and nerves. Ever since he had landed the role, he had thrown himself into the project with a fervor unmatched by any other. But beneath the surface, a sense of unease lingered, a nagging fear that threatened to derail his carefully constructed facade.

As the cameras began to roll and the scene unfolded before him, Austin felt a surge of adrenaline coursing through his veins. He had trained tirelessly to shed the remnants of his previous role as Elvis, determined to immerse himself fully in the character of Feyd-Rautha. But as he delivered his lines with practiced precision, something inside him snapped.

In the blink of an eye, Austin found himself slipping back into the familiar cadence and rhythm of Elvis, the voice of the King echoing through the desert like a ghost from the past. Panic seized him as he struggled to regain control, his heart pounding in his chest as he watched the confusion spread across the faces of his castmates and crew.

But before anyone could realize what was happening, the director called for a reset, his frustration palpable as he berated Austin for ruining the scene. With a sinking feeling in his chest, Austin tried to push aside the panic that threatened to consume him, forcing himself to focus on the task at hand.

As the day wore on, Austin found himself slipping in and out of character, his attempts to regain control thwarted by the persistent echoes of Elvis that haunted him at every turn. But it wasn't until he stepped up read for his fight scene with Timothée. Chalamet,  that's when things truly began to unravel.

As the cameras rolled and the two actors squared off, Austin felt a sense of exhilaration wash over him, the adrenaline pumping through his veins as he prepared to unleash his fury on his opponent. But then, in the heat of the moment, the words spilled forth from his lips like a torrent, each syllable tinged with the unmistakable twang of Elvis.

Confusion rippled through the set as the director called for a pause, his frustration boiling over as he confronted Austin about his sudden lapse in character. But before Austin could respond, he found himself speaking once again, his words betraying him as the voice of Elvis echoed through the desert air.

Panic seized him as he struggled to make sense of what was happening, his mind racing as he tried to find a way to explain himself. But the words caught in his throat, lost amidst the chaos that threatened to consume him.

And then, as the weight of their accusations bore down upon him, Austin felt something inside him snap. With a cry of anguish, he bolted from the set, his footsteps echoing in the silence of the desert as he fled to the safety of his trailer.

Hours passed in a blur as Austin drowned his sorrows in alcohol, the memories of his time filming the Elvis movie flooding back with a vengeance. And as his castmates found him huddled in the darkness, tears streaming down his face, he finally revealed the truth.

He spoke of the endless hours spent training his voice, of the depression that had consumed him in the aftermath of the Elvis movie, and of the overwhelming sense of failure that had driven him to the brink of despair. And as he poured out his heart to them, his castmates listened in silence, their hearts heavy with sympathy and regret.

But amidst the sea of understanding, one voice stood out, a harsh reminder of the cruelty that still lingered in the world.

"It's just a voice, Austin," the voice sneered, its words dripping with disdain. "Stop being so dramatic and get back to work."

And in that moment, as the weight of their judgment bore down upon him, Austin felt something inside him break. With a cry of anguish, he pushed past his castmates, his footsteps echoing in the darkness as he fled into the night.

For in that moment, he realized that he was truly alone, a man haunted by the echoes of the past, struggling to find his voice in a world that seemed determined to silence him. And as he disappeared from the set or Dune 2, his heart heavy with sorrow, he knew that the road ahead would be long and treacherous, filled with challenges and setbacks that would test him to his very core. But as long as he held onto the flicker of hope that still burned within him, he knew that he would never truly be alone.