Hypothermia - A.B

Request needed and appreciated 🙏🙏

The set of "The Bikeriders" had moved to a remote, windswept location for a critical scene. The weather had taken an unexpected turn for the worse, with icy winds and freezing temperatures. The crew bundled up in heavy coats, but the actors, dressed in their period-appropriate gear, had little protection against the cold.

Austin Butler, ever the professional, tried to ignore the biting chill as he prepared for a scene. He had a high tolerance for discomfort, a trait that had served him well throughout his career. But today, the cold was relentless, seeping into his bones and sapping his strength.

The scene called for Austin to ride a motorcycle through a desolate landscape, portraying the harsh realities faced by the gang. As the cameras rolled, he focused on his performance, pushing aside the numbness spreading through his limbs. But as the day wore on, the cold began to take its toll.

Between takes, Austin's hands shook uncontrollably, and his teeth chattered. His co-star, Tom Hardy, noticed and frowned. "You alright, mate? You're looking a bit blue."

Austin tried to smile, but it came out as more of a grimace. "Just a little cold," he replied, his voice strained. "I'll be fine."

Tom didn't seem convinced but nodded, keeping a close eye on Austin. As the day progressed, the cold only intensified. Austin's movements grew sluggish, and his vision blurred. He stumbled through his lines, his body no longer responding the way it should.

"Cut!" Jeff Nichols shouted, sensing something was wrong. He hurried over to Austin, who was swaying on his feet. "Austin, you don't look good. Let's get you warmed up."

Austin tried to protest, but the words wouldn't come. The world seemed to spin, and he felt himself falling. The crew rushed to catch him, wrapping him in blankets and guiding him to a heated trailer.

The on-set medic, Dr. Stevens, quickly assessed Austin's condition. "He's showing signs of hypothermia," he said, his voice urgent. "We need to warm him up slowly and get him to a hospital."

Tom and Jeff exchanged worried glances. "Let's get him in the car," Tom said, helping to bundle Austin up. They carefully transported him to the nearest hospital, where the medical staff took over.

Austin lay in a hospital bed, shivering despite the warmth of the blankets. The doctors administered warm fluids and monitored his condition closely. Gradually, the feeling began to return to his limbs, and the fog lifted from his mind.

Jeff, Tom, and the rest of the cast visited him, their faces etched with concern. "How are you feeling?" Jeff asked, sitting by Austin's side.

Austin managed a weak smile. "Better. That was... intense."

Tom nodded, his expression serious. "You gave us a scare, mate. Don't push yourself too hard."

Austin nodded, grateful for their concern. "I'll be more careful. Thanks for looking out for me."

Over the next few days, Austin's condition improved. The doctors cleared him to return to set, but with strict instructions to avoid prolonged exposure to the cold. The crew adjusted the schedule and provided heated tents and extra layers to keep everyone warm.

Another version I wrote but don't want to put as a separate story:

The wind howled through the desolate landscape as the cast and crew of "The Bikeriders" braved the elements for an outdoor night shoot. The scene required authenticity, and the bitter cold of the early winter was a perfect backdrop. Austin Butler had been running late that day, delayed by a series of unfortunate events, and had already been reprimanded by the director, Jeff Nichols.

"Austin, we need you on set now!" Jeff had barked. The frustration in his voice was palpable, and Austin had felt the sting of disappointment. Determined not to let anyone down further, he threw himself into his work, ignoring the biting cold that seemed to seep into his very bones.

Dressed in nothing more than a leather jacket and thin layers underneath, Austin shivered as the temperature plummeted. He could feel the chill settle deep into his core, but he gritted his teeth and pushed on, his pride not allowing him to show any weakness.

As the hours dragged on, Austin's condition worsened. His fingers grew numb, and his teeth chattered uncontrollably. The cold was relentless, and he felt his strength waning. Yet, he forced himself to ignore it, fearing another outburst from Jeff. His vision blurred, and he found it increasingly difficult to concentrate on his lines.

"Alright, let's take it from the top!" Jeff called out, his voice cutting through the night air. Austin nodded, feeling a wave of dizziness wash over him.

The scene required him to ride a motorcycle down a deserted road, but as he mounted the bike, his hands trembled so violently that he could barely grip the handlebars. He took a deep breath, willing himself to stay focused, but his body was betraying him.

As the cameras rolled, Austin felt a sudden, intense wave of nausea. His vision tunneled, and his legs gave out beneath him. He collapsed onto the cold, hard ground, gasping for breath. The world around him dimmed, and he could hear faint shouts as the crew rushed to his side.

"Cut! Get the medic!" Jeff's voice was frantic now, a stark contrast to his earlier anger.

Austin's body convulsed with violent shivers as the medic arrived. "He's hypothermic," she said urgently, checking his vitals. "We need to get him warmed up immediately."

But before they could act, Austin's body went still, and his breathing stopped. Panic set in among the crew as they watched in horror. The medic started chest compressions, her face a mask of concentration.

"Call an ambulance!" she shouted. "We need to get him to a hospital now!"

The minutes stretched into an eternity as the medic worked tirelessly to revive Austin. Finally, after what felt like an eternity, his heart started beating again, weak but steady. The crew sighed in collective relief, but the danger was far from over.

At the hospital, Austin was treated for severe hypothermia. Warm blankets and IV fluids gradually brought his body temperature back to normal. He lay in a hospital bed, unconscious but stable, as the crew and cast waited anxiously for news.

Jeff sat beside Austin's bed, his earlier anger replaced with guilt and worry. "I'm so sorry, Austin," he murmured, his voice choked with emotion. "I shouldn't have pushed you so hard."

Hours later, Austin's eyes fluttered open. He looked around, disoriented, before his gaze settled on Jeff. "What happened?" he croaked, his voice weak.

"You collapsed on set," Jeff said softly. "You were hypothermic. Your heart stopped, but you're going to be okay."

Austin nodded slowly, the memory of the cold and the pain flooding back. "I didn't want to disappoint you," he whispered.

Jeff shook his head, tears brimming in his eyes. "You could never disappoint me, Austin. Your health is more important than any film. Please, promise me you'll take care of yourself."

Austin managed a faint smile. "I promise."