Broken Jaw - A.B (short)

The set of Dune 2 buzzed with activity as Austin Butler prepared for another intense scene. He was deep in character, focused on his role as tensions rose around him. In the midst of the action, a crew member swung a prop with a little too much force, and it connected with Austin's face with a sickening crack.

Pain exploded through Austin's jaw, and he staggered back, clutching his face. Blood dripped from his split lip, mingling with the sand beneath his feet. Shocked gasps echoed around him as the crew member dropped the prop in horror.

"Oh my god, Austin! Are you okay?" Timothée Chalamet rushed to his side, along with Zendaya and Rebecca Ferguson.

Austin tried to speak but only managed a pained whimper, blood trickling from his mouth. He spat out a mouthful of blood onto the ground, his vision swimming from the agony.

"We need a medic!" Timothée called out urgently, panic evident in his voice.

Minutes ticked by like hours as they waited for the medic to arrive. Austin leaned heavily on Timothée and Zendaya, his legs threatening to buckle beneath him. The pain was excruciating, radiating from his shattered jaw.

"Where the hell is the medic?" Rebecca demanded, her voice tinged with fear as she held Austin upright.

No one had an answer. The frantic search for the medic yielded no results. Austin's head throbbed, his body growing weaker by the second. He could barely move his jaw, the agony becoming unbearable.

"Stay with us, Austin," Zendaya whispered, her voice trembling.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, the medic was located. By then, Austin was barely conscious, his strength draining away. The medic rushed to his side, assessing the damage with a grim expression.

"We need to get him to the hospital now," the medic said urgently, glancing at the worried faces of the cast gathered around.

They gently lifted Austin, his eyes fluttering as they carried him to a waiting ambulance. Timothée held his hand tightly, silently willing him to hang on.

At the hospital, Austin underwent emergency surgery for his broken jaw. The recovery would be long and painful, but he was grateful to be alive. As he drifted in and out of consciousness, he felt the support of his co-stars surrounding him, their concern a testament to the bond they shared.

In the days that followed, Austin slowly regained his strength. His jaw was wired shut, but he was determined to heal and return to the set. The incident had shaken him to the core, but it also reminded him of the resilience within himself and the unwavering support of those who cared about him most.

Through it all, Austin knew he was not alone. His journey to recovery continued, both physically and emotionally, and he was grateful for every moment he could spend with his castmates, who had become more than just colleagues—they were his family.