Bike crash (broken collar bone) - A.B

The set of The Bikeriders buzzed with activity as the crew prepared for the next scene. The crisp morning air was filled with the scent of gasoline and the low hum of engines revving. Austin Butler, dressed in his leather jacket and jeans, approached the motorcycle he would be riding for the scene. He ran his hand along the handlebars, feeling a mix of excitement and apprehension. Riding had always been thrilling for him, but today, there was an undercurrent of unease.

"Alright, Austin," the director called out, checking his notes. "We need you to ride down to the railroad tracks. Stop there and wait for the signal to come back."

"Got it," Austin replied, nodding. He swung his leg over the bike and settled onto the seat. He turned the key and pressed the starter button, but the bike remained stubbornly silent. Frowning, he tried again, but still, nothing.

"What's wrong?" one of the crew members asked, approaching with a furrowed brow.

"Bike won't start," Austin said, frustration creeping into his voice.

"Let me take a look." The crew member fiddled with the bike for a moment before stepping back. "Try kick-starting it."

Austin nodded, positioning himself and giving the kick-start lever a firm push. The engine roared to life, sending a shiver of excitement down his spine. He revved the engine a couple of times, feeling the power beneath him.

"Alright, everyone, places!" the director shouted. "Austin, ride down to the tracks, stop, and wait for the signal."

Austin nodded again, adjusting his grip on the handlebars. He eased the bike forward, gaining speed as he navigated the set. The wind whipped through his hair, and the exhilaration of the ride began to drown out his earlier unease.

As he approached the railroad tracks, he noticed the pockets of street lamps illuminating the road in intervals. Between the pools of light lay stretches of darkness, creating an eerie, almost surreal atmosphere. He focused on the road ahead, unaware of the danger that lay in wait.

Just as he entered one of the dark pockets, Austin started to drift toward the right-hand side of the road. He didn't realize that the crew had pushed all the wet leaves onto that side, creating a slick, treacherous surface. When his bike hit the wet leaves, it was like hitting ice.

The motorcycle began to skid, and Austin's heart raced as he struggled to maintain control. He surfed the bike sideways for a few tense moments, the wheels slipping and sliding beneath him. Desperately, he tried to hop off, but it was too late. The bike crashed, and Austin was thrown to the ground.

He landed hard on his shoulder, a sharp pain shooting through his body. The impact jarred his senses, leaving him disoriented and in excruciating pain. Blood dripped down his face from several cuts, and his skin burned with road rash.

"Oh my God, Austin!" one of his co-stars screamed, rushing to his side.

The others quickly followed, their faces pale with concern. Austin was rolling on the ground, clutching his shoulder, groaning in pain. His vision was blurry, and he could barely register the voices around him.

"Hold still, Austin, please!" Tom  urged, trying to keep him from moving too much.

But Austin was too focused on the searing pain in his shoulder to listen. He was vaguely aware of hands trying to hold him down, but one of them pressed directly on his broken collarbone. A blinding, white-hot agony shot through him, and he cried out, thrashing in their grip.

"Stop! Don't touch his shoulder!" Jodie shouted, her voice cutting through the chaos.

Someone found a towel and pressed it to Austin's bleeding face, trying to stem the flow of blood. The medic, who had been frantically located, arrived and quickly assessed the situation.

"His collarbone is definitely broken," the medic announced, noting the misalignment and the nasty bruising already forming around it. "We need to stabilize him and get him to a hospital immediately."

Austin could hear their voices, but they sounded distant, like they were underwater. His head swam with pain and shock, his body trembling uncontrollably.

"Hang in there, Austin," Jodie said, his voice shaky but determined. "We're going to get you through this."

Austin was carefully lifted onto a stretcher, his face contorted in pain with every movement. The ride to the hospital was a blur of agony and fear. Once there, X-rays confirmed the worst: his collarbone was broken in several places and would require surgery.

The surgery went well, but it left Austin with a prominent scar across his shoulder. Returning to the set after his recovery, he felt a mix of relief and anxiety. The scar was a constant reminder of the accident, and he found himself trying to cover it up whenever possible.

As he walked onto the set, Tom, Michael, and Jodie Comer greeted him warmly.

"How are you feeling?" Jodie asked, her concern evident.

Austin shrugged, wincing slightly. "Better, I guess. Just... not thrilled about the scar."

Tom gave him a reassuring pat on the back. "Chicks dig scars, man. Wear it with pride."

Austin chuckled, though it didn't reach his eyes. "Yeah, I just... I hate it. It feels like a reminder of how close things came to going really wrong."

Michael stepped forward, his expression serious. "You survived, Austin. That scar is proof of your strength. Embrace it."

The words resonated with Austin. He took a deep breath, looking at his friends and the set around him. Despite everything, he was grateful to be back, to continue doing what he loved. And maybe, just maybe, he could learn to see the scar as a symbol of resilience rather than a mark of misfortune.

As filming resumed, Austin found strength in the support of his castmates. They had been there for him during his darkest moment, and their encouragement helped him move forward. The Bikeriders would be a film marked by his dedication and the indomitable spirit of those who made it happen.