Devansh's Reckoning?

Author's pov:

Devansh jolted awake, his heart pounding in his chest. The room was dimly lit, the early morning sun barely peeking through the curtains. He turned to his side, his eyes falling on Adrika as she gracefully moved about the bedroom, preparing for the day ahead.

A sense of unease crept up his spine as flashes of his dream replayed in his mind. The vivid images of Maya's lifeless eyes, the guilt that had consumed him that fateful night, and the overwhelming fear of losing Adrika - it had all felt so real, so tangible. Devansh squeezed his eyes shut, willing the haunting memories to fade, but they clung to him like a thick, suffocating fog. He never thought that a mere incident like that would make him suffer this much. But with adrika by his side now, he have to 

Adrika paused, her brow furrowing as she caught sight of Devansh's troubled expression. "Darling, are you alright?" she asked, her voice soft and laced with concern.

Devansh swallowed hard, forcing a reassuring smile. "I'm fine, love. Just because of the bad dream last night, that's all." He reached out and gently caressed her arm, silently willing her to drop the subject.

Adrika studied him for a moment, her eyes searching his face, before nodding slowly. "Alright, if you say so." She leaned in and pressed a tender kiss to his forehead, her fingers brushing through his tousled hair. "I'm here if you need to talk, you know that, right?". She thought maybe he would need some space and distraction to again gather himself from yesterday's incident.

The state that dev was in, was also a surprise for adu as she never saw him this much scared and disturbed and that too just because of a dream! Unknown to dev, a seed of doubt was already planted in her mind about the whole incident and now she has to find the end of it.

Devansh's heart clenched at her words, a familiar sense of guilt and dread coiling in the pit of his stomach. "I know, my love. Thank you." He pulled her close, savoring the warmth of her embrace, as if it could somehow shield him from the demons that threatened to consume him.

As Adrika slipped back into her morning routine, Devansh found himself unable to shake the lingering unease. The dream had felt so visceral, so tangible, that it was as if he had relived that fateful night all over again. He could still hear Maya's desperate pleas, the sickening crunch of bones, the way her lifeless body had crumpled to the ground.

Devansh shuddered, his hands clenching the bedsheet as a familiar wave of panic threatened to overwhelm him. If Adrika ever found out the truth, if she ever discovered the horrific secret he had buried deep within the recesses of his mind, he knew he would lose her forever. The thought was enough to send him spiraling into a vortex of desperation and all-consuming fear.

He had to keep her safe, had to protect her from the ugly truth that lurked in the shadows of his past. Devansh's jaw tightened, his eyes hardening with a determination born of a twisted, almost primal need to keep Adrika by his side, no matter the cost.

As Adrika moved about the room, oblivious to the turmoil raging within him, Devansh found himself scrutinizing her every move, his gaze tracking her every step. The thought of her slipping away, of her uncovering the truth and leaving him, was a prospect he couldn't even begin to fathom.

He had to be vigilant, had to be one step ahead of her. Devansh's mind raced, devising contingency plans, considering every possible scenario that could threaten to unravel the carefully constructed facade he had built around them. He would do whatever it took to keep Adrika from discovering the truth, even if it meant resorting to unthinkable measures.

Adrika paused by the dresser, her fingers trailing over the smooth surface as she contemplated her choice of outfit for the day. Devansh watched her, his eyes drinking in the graceful lines of her body, the way the soft morning light danced across her skin. She was his, and he would be damned if he let her slip through his fingers.

"What would you like me to wear today, darling?" Adrika asked, her gaze meeting his in the mirror.

Devansh's lips curled into a faint smile, his eyes gleaming with a possessive edge. "That blue dress you wore the other day. The one that brings out the color of your eyes."

Adrika smiled, seemingly unaware of the underlying tension that had crept into the air. "Alright, the blue dress it is." She turned and made her way to the closet, humming softly to herself as she selected the garment in question.

Devansh watched her, his heart swelling with a twisted mixture of love and fear. He couldn't bear the thought of losing her, of her walking out of his life forever. The mere idea was enough to send his mind spiraling into a dark abyss of desperation and obsession.

As Adrika slipped into the dress, Devansh felt a familiar surge of possessiveness wash over him. She was his, and his alone. He would do whatever it took to keep her by his side, to shield her from the ugly truth that lurked in the shadows of his past.

The clock on the nightstand chimed, signaling the start of a new day. Adrika glanced at it and let out a soft sigh. "I should get going. Don't want to be late for my meeting."

Devansh reached out and gently grasped her hand, his grip just a little too tight. "Stay with me, Adrika. Just for a little while longer."

Adrika looked at him, her brow furrowed in concern

Adrika looked at him, her brow furrowed in concern. "Devansh, don't worry everything is alright. You unecessarily being a bit on edge this morning."

Devansh forced a smile, his thumb caressing the back of her hand. "Everything's fine, my love. I just...I want to savor these moments with you, before the day starts and we're pulled in different directions."

Adrika studied him for a moment, her eyes searching his face. Slowly, a soft smile spread across her lips, and she leaned in to press a tender kiss to his forehead.  Adu thought to tease him a bit "anybody walking over here would definately decipher a bad meaning since we are not married yet." "You really think anyone can walk in my penthouse without my knowing? Sweetheart people come and go according to my mood once I lay my eyes on them" said dev with a mix of seriousness and teasing mood. 

Adrika seemingly got a shiver ran down her spine watching the seriousness and weight of his words. Gaining her attention back to normal she said, "Alright, my darling. A few more minutes, then."

Devansh exhaled a shaky breath, his grip on her hand loosening ever so slightly. As Adrika settled back into the bed beside him, Devansh felt a flicker of relief, followed by a deep, gnawing fear. He couldn't afford to let his guard down, not even for a moment. The truth about Maya's death was a secret he would take to the grave, no matter the cost.

                      ִֶָ 𓂃˖˳·˖ ִֶָ ⋆★⋆  ִֶָ˖·˳˖𓂃 ִֶָ

Here's another update peeps 👀. Do let me know about your thoughts in the comment section.

Okay another important thing! Y'll didn't even voted on the last chapter. Not even 10 votes which is ridiculous.

Not going to beg y'll to vote from now on....the updates will be slow i.e, whenever I will feel like to write coz y'll are anyways not supporting me nor showing interest.

Until next time 😘 ❤️