three.

[cassie klein]

McLaren🧡
9:28am

Georgia Reed: Emergency meeting ASAP!Georgia Reed: Meet @ HQ in 30 pleaseeee🫶🏻

Lando Norris: 👍

I read the text from Georgia after I roll over in bed, groaning at the effort it takes to reach for my phone and unplug it.

I rub my eyes, yawning as I try to pull myself together.

Wait.

THIRTY MINUTES?!

"Shit, shit, shit," I whisper-yell, throwing the covers off and almost tripping over my pj pants as I rush to the bathroom.

I turn on the shower and dare to look at myself in the mirror as I wait for the water to heat up.

I'm a fucking hungover mess.

My curls are a mop of frizz, leftover mascara forms a ring of a dark haze around my eyes, and droopy eyelids tell of the long night I had. I hop into the shower, hoping the water will have some kind of positive effect on my appearance.

Hint: it doesn't.

Even after brushing my wet curls and wiping away any remnants of makeup, I still look like a sleep-deprived zombie. As a last resort, I throw a pair of sunglasses on to hide my expressions after throwing on a pair of sweatpants and a McLaren hoodie.

Fuck it, it's fine.

*****

mclaren hq.
10:07am

"You're late." Georgia says, crossing her arms and raising her eyebrow at me accusingly. I wave a dismissing hand, apparently now struggling with how bright the room is.

Has there always been this much natural light??

Her eagle eyes watch me as I take a seat next to Lando, trying not to cringe at the view of the window this seat provides, and continues to stare dagger eyes at me. She definitely knows.

"Cass, why are you wearing sunglasses inside?" She questions, moving closer like a lion scouting its prey.

I shrug.

In an instant, she snatches the glasses of my face and I immediately reach to grab them off her -
"GEORGIA!" I shout.

"AHA! I knew it," She throws her hands up in the air as if she's just won an award, before flopping them back to her sides and tilting her head to question, "How much did you drink, Cassie?"

"Enough!" I answer quickly, mortified at the attention she's placed on me. Sure, I was known for partying pretty hard, but it's still embarrassing to be called out like this. She scoffs, then winks at me as she moves back to the head of the table. I smile sheepishly.

She keeps the glasses.

"Right, you're probably wondering why I called this emergency meeting. And no, it's not to shame Cassie for being hungover, although that's fun too," I bite my tongue, "It's actually to talk about some media attention that you two have been getting as the new season is starting."

"Media attention? But we haven't done anything?" Lando interrupts, his tone bored.

"That's where I was going, Lando, if you would be so kind as to not interrupt." Georgia rebuts, raising her eyebrows. Lando raises his hands in surrender.