The day before

A couple weeks had passed. Y/n had her normal schedule. She'd visit the hotel once a week, have a date with Alastor, and trained. Alastor could tell something was wrong but didn't want to press.

Y/n was deep in thought while have tea on the balcony with Alastor. She kept thinking about those vessels in limbo. Knowing that tomorrow, they'd begin their expedition.

She still couldn't figure out what was happening to those creatures. They had no souls. That's what she didn't understand. Most of the time, her army would just rally them back into limbo when they get out.

"Y/n, my dear?" Alastor snapped her out of it

Y/n looked down at the cup and back at him "oh I spaced out again? My apologies." She smiled

"Is everything alright?" Alastor showed concern in his eyes.

"Everything will be" until she was his wife, she couldn't talk about military matters with him.

"You seem worried about your expedition tomorrow? I assume something must've happened for you to be acting like this" Alastor tried to fish for a reason. Y/n didn't bite.

"It's just the usual stuff. Nevermind that. I will be gone for a few weeks. I hope Stolas is treating you well? You seem to be enjoying your new founded abilities. Wait until you see what a king can do"

Alastor chuckled "trying to change the topic."

Y/n nodded "I can't talk about it to someone without the proper status. You'll get there eventually."

They both sipped their tea for a while, staring off into the pentagram. Alastor had the soft hum of distorted jazz music emitting from his person. Y/n always found this charming about him.

"I believe I should be heading back. I have to talk strategy with my soldiers before the mission. Listen Alastor." Y/ns voice got quiet "if anything happens to me, I addressed my will to you. I hope you will follow my instructions well"

Alastor tilted his head, confused "what could happen to you? My dear, you are strong, powerful, and extremely intelligent. What could possibly pose as a threat to you?"

Y/n stood from the table kissed the X on Alastors head "I wish I knew."

Y/n said her farewells before disappearing off.

Alastor just stood there for a moment, was this the first time he seemed worried about y/n? He didn't really know nor understand. Alastor made his way back into the lobby of the hotel. Charlie and vaggie were sitting on the couch, discussing whatever could make the hotel better. Angel and husk were doing their weird fight flirting while nifty was aggressively cleaning.

He wanted to interrupt and be the center of attention but he couldn't. The room felt fuzzy and overwhelming. Suddenly he felt like he couldn't breathe. Charlie noticed him and tried to get his attention.

Alastor fell to his knees, his heart racing. He clutched his chest and then passed out. Charlie ran over to check on him. He was still breathing but he was unconscious.

"He was having a panic attack" Charlie moved him onto the couch

"Smiles having anxiety, bullshit" Angel sipped his cocktail.

"Agreed" husk took a swig of his cheap booze.

Vaggie even seemed a little worried "did y/n leave already? What happened between the two?"

Charlie shrugged and placed a cold rag on Alastor.

"Maybe you should figure out what's going on Charlie? As much as I hate Alastor, something is going on that's causing him stress. I'll watch over him. Go on"

Charlie nodded and headed over to the military base.

When she entered, she was greeted with respect by the guards. Then she was escorted to y/ns office.

Charlie knocked on the door "y/n?"

Y/n looked wide eyed at Charles who answered the door and allowed charlie in.

"Charlie, is everything alright?" Y/n shut her files and looked at the Princess.

"So don't panic but Alastor is completely unconscious. Whatever you guys talked about, gave him a panic attack. What's going on?" Charlie sat in the one of the chairs.

Y/n looked at Charles again and he returned her gaze. Y/n snapped her fingers and all the blinds were closed shut. The windows and doors were locked then she turned off all cameras. Well more like, she broke all the cameras in the office.

"You are a Morningstar, so you're allowed to know" y/n explained everything. How the vessels were acting and how she was worried for her soldiers. Y/n showed her the pictures and videos of the vessels in limbo.

Charlie didn't really understand but she frowned. Taking a closer look, Charlie noticed something. She went wide eyed and was in complete shock

"Charlie? Charlie what is it" y/n looked concerned

"Those markings are familiar" Charlie looked up at y/n "they are my moms"