Earth-1610

"Alright I'm going to need someone to take this mission. It should be easy enough for one person. Don't prove me wrong." Miguel says.

We sit around the long table in our conference room. It had been two days since I went back to grab my stuff. And Gwen has officially regained all of her strength. So much so she didn't hesitate to take her first job in a long time.

"Me! I'll take it." Her eyes were wide and desperate. Almost like she was restraining herself from jumping up and down.

I tilt my head wondering what all the excitement was about.

"Are you sure about that Gwen?" Peter directly across her asks cautiously. Something was missing in this whole conversation.

"I'm positive. I can get it done without any problems. Miguel please."

"You can't go seeing your little boyfriend. This is a in and out job." Jessica says. She has been off and on with us since her pregnancy. She around 8 months and sure as hell looks like it. What's surprising is she still moves around with full mobility.

"What boyfriend, how come I haven't heard of this!?" My head turns towards Gwen who was right next to me. I clenched her shoulder, desperate to know. She put up her hands in surrender as I shook her.

"Anyone else smell chai in here?" Hobie asks, feet on the table and back slouching on the chair.

"Oh that would be me." Pavtri says to Hobie with a large cup of chai in his hand.

"Ugh guys please. Gwen it's yours." Miguel mentally crosses it off the board, rubbing his temples.

After the meeting dismissal, I pull Gwen aside. "Hey, what don't I know."

She shrugs, not finding it as a big deal. "He's just a friend I made on a past mission."

"Oh really? Then why are you blushing?"

Her cheeks turn even darker as she covers her face. "What no I'm not."

I laugh, turning on my toes to face the others who walk in a clump. Jessica remains in the conference room with Miguel with the door shut. Whatever they are talking about, it seems to be classified.

"Better getting going Gwen. More time you waste, the riskier it gets." I pat her shoulder, glancing at her eyes full of excitement. It doesn't take long for her to bolt out of the room.

Nevertheless, I partnered up with Miguel, inconveniently, while the others went back to protect their Earth. Since Miguel has a specific way of doing the jobs around here, I stand around the door waiting for them to come out.

I lean on the hard metal wall, kicking the ground with boredom. It is so nice outside and yet I'm stuck waiting for instruction from Miguel. However, few minutes in, angry mumbles from the other side catch my attention.

Jessica's voice raises in a sharp tone as Miguels held a low undertone. I tell myself not to ease drop but who the hell wouldn't.

"No, don't do it y/n, it's not about you." I whisper to myself, swaying my head back and forth.

"Mmm maybe just for a second." Letting my intrusive side take over, I place my hands and face onto the cold door. The voices became more clear and louder.

"Miguel, you need to-"

"Yeah yeah I get it Jessica. Just...give me more time."

"They are gone."

"Don't you think I know that?"

"No I don't think you do! Your head is not in the game, and it hasn't been. If you would ju-"