A Week ~ Ch.4

A month later and Megumi still wouldn't talk about what happened, so today I called for backup and Itadori walked with me into the training room. Motioning from all the other students to get out Megumi sighed taking off his gloves as the doors closed again.

"What is it now?" Megumi sighed in annoyance as Itadori closed all the blinds and I took off my blindfold so Megumi could see me.

"You've been different Megumi" Itadori stated as I leaned against the wall studying over Megumi.

"What did she do to your wounds?" I asked which made him shrug, I've seen sorcerers heal themselves in hours and walked away brand new but I've never seen anyone have any affect on anyone's wounds nor have I ever seen wounds heal that quickly.

"I.. don't know" Megumi mumbled rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

"Who was she?" Itadori asked and I watched as he hesitated looking away from us both.

"Megumi." I stated he sighed softly as he dropped his hands and shrugged.

"I honestly have no idea but she felt familiar you know? Like I'd known her" He sighed as he looked at Itadori, my eyebrows furrowed together because in all the time I'd known Megumi there had never been a woman in his life besides his sister and teachers.

"Maybe it was your mom?" Itadori questioned but I shook my head at his idea.

"My mom passed away not long after giving birth to me so no" Megumi explained and I watched Itadori stiffen embarrassed he brought her up.

"Shit I'm sorry dude" Itadori laughed dryly as he rubbed the back of his head nervously.

"It's fine.. You didn't know" Megumi brushed him off as he looked back at me confused.

"What does it matter? She helped me, she didn't hurt me or anything" He asked and I looked away.

"Megumi she could've been-" I tried but he glared at me as he scoffed shaking his head.

"What? You get to pry into my life and metal anything but the second I push back and want an answer you get to give me the same bullshit answer everyone says? You throw it in my face that you've known me for years but yet you are just as closed off and distant" Megumi snapped.

"Fine. The higher ups are scared the Zenin clan are tracking you down, that's who they think it was and they want me to find them and turn them in. So if you know something or who it was then you need to say something before I have to turn them in Megumi" I stated bluntly, laying everything out on the table and Megumi froze as he held my gaze.

"What if I found her?" Megumi asked I arched my eyebrow in surprise.

"Megumi.." I sighed but he shook his head quickly taking a step towards me.

"Let me try. Gojo I'm asking you to let me try" Megumi pleaded and Itadori looked up at me conflicted.

"This isn't the Zenin clan, I've been around them I can feel them but.. She wasn't that. She wasn't Zenin she didn't even have any cursed energy. You have to trust me Gojo" Megumi quickly explained as he ran his fingers through his hair and I sighed softly.

"I'll give you a week. I'll stall the higher ups but after a week I have to find her, then if you turn out to be right then maybe.. I didn't find her" I offered and Megumi quickly nodded in understanding.

"You better be right Megumi. Because if this is the Zenin clan, then we have bigger problems on our hands" I stated as I slipped my blindfold back on and Itadori walked closer to his friend.

"Are you sure about this? I mean this could be dangerous" Itadori mumbled but Megumi quickly nodded.

"I need to figure this out on my own" Megumi explained and Itadori sighed patting his friend on the back.

"Was she at least cute?" Itadori asked I laughed as Megumi glared at Itadori who joined me in laughing.

"What?! I just wanted to know if my best friend was finally going to get some-" Itadori teased but Megumi quickly punched him in the stomach silencing Itadori.

"Get your head out of the gutter. Plus she seemed.. older" Megumi growled.

"Cool a milf!" Itadori cheered but I shook my head softly at them as I turned away.

"A week Megumi. That's all I can spare" I stated reminding him before I walked out of the room so I didn't have to hear the boys bicker back and fourth. Something about this made me nervous, I couldn't put my finger on it but she felt dangerous.

A week had come and gone, Megumi didn't find her.. Not even close so I told him I had to step in. He blew up and currently we aren't speaking because he is pissed I couldn't stall them longer. I had nothing to go on but looks, no name, no curse technique, nothing. This was going to be hard but Megumi also wasn't giving up which made this slightly easier having a helping hand.