Discussion

After taking some time to relax after the stressful time of the extermination, Natsumi decided to go to the church to pay a visit to Isabelle. Natsumi knocked on the door of her office without uttering a word.
"You may enter." Isabelle responded, welcoming her in. Isabelle was speechless when she saw Natsumi enter, and immediately questioned the young adult as to why she payed a visit.
"Don't go getting the wrong idea, I still hate you for keeping such big things secret from me. But even so" Natsumi let out a sigh before continuing, "I have questions that I feel you know the answers to." Isabelle welcomed Natsumi to sit so they could get started.
"My questions are regarding what happened during the most recent Extermination." Natsumi stated plainly, causing a look of grimace to appear on Isabelle's face.
"First off, who authorized such a massacre?" Isabelle took a deep breath before answering.
"Back when Hell first came to be, the Extermination was created to get rid of Hell, as it was a stain on God's image."
"But the reason is different now isn't it?" Natsumi interrupted, gaining a simple nod in response from Isabelle.
"The reason has changed, though it's not something I can say. All I'll say on the matter is this. There are demons in Hell who are involved in the change of reason for the Extermination." Natsumi scoffed at her secrecy, but knew she wouldn't get anything else. Knowing this, she moved onto her next question.
"I was told that Hell's air has a gas called Miasma, which can only be safely breathed in by demons. Anyone else needs divine protection. So, did you give me divine protection when I entered through that gate?" Isabelle squirmed in her seat, visibly contemplating whether to answer or not. Her eyes met Natsumi's determined gaze, forcing her to answer.
"I did not give you divine protection, and now I suspect you're wondering who did now." Isabelle stated, Natsumi simply nodded. Isabelle was about to speak, but Natsumi cut her off.
"Don't give me some vague answer like you did for my last question, give me a straight answer." Isabelle sighed before nodding.
"To start, miasma goes through the blood stream when breathed in. Demons have cells in their blood stream that thrive on miasma. Divine protection gives a person cells similar to those of the ones in Gods blood stream, this cell kills the miasma before it causes harm." Natsumi sits back in her chair, confused on where this is going.
"You were never given divine protection because these special cells are in your body naturally." Natsumi slammed her palms on the table.
"How the hell does that work?!" She yelled.
"You are the daughter of God. Just like with Jesus, he sent you here to see how much modern day humans praise him. I was chosen to be your human guardian." Isabelle stated clearly. Natsumi stumbled back in disbelief, unsure how she should feel. She thought it was a joke at first, but she then remember that Isabelle rarely told jokes. And when she did, it was easy to tell she was joking, so Natsumi knew she was telling the truth.
"Why wasn't I told?" Natsumi asked, still in shock.
"God wanted to see how humans behaved from the perspective of one. You didn't know you were related to him because he didn't want you to."
"Why didn't he stop me from going to Hell to fight Adam then? He was there before I jumped." Natsumi questioned.
"Even though Adam was the first man, his behavior is less than pleasant. He thought it would be a good way to teach him a lesson." Isabelle stated. Natsumi began walking away as she tried to grapple with what she just learned, but she was stopped when Isabelle handed her a sheet of paper. Confused, she asked what it was.
"It's what I used to open the gate to the ring of Judgment. Now that you know your lineage, you should be able to use it. I'll inform the Gate Keepers that you've learned the truth, and to allow you free passage between realms." Natsumi nodded before going home to wrap her head around what just happened.