Confrontation

Armed with the information she now knew of, Natsumi made her way down to Hell to inform Hisako of what she learned. She tried to sneak around, as a living soul in Hell was unheard of. As Natsumi attempts to move stealthily towards Hisako's chambers, Delilah steps out, blocking her path with a sly grin. "Well, well, well, what do we have here?" Delilah's voice is smooth, laced with a mocking amusement. She circles around Natsumi, her presence imposing.
"It's not every day we see a mortal wandering the halls of Hell uninvited. What brings you sneaking around, dear?" Her tone, while playful, carries a sharp edge, making it clear that she's not merely curious but on guard.
"I'm here to talk with Hisako, let me past." Natsumi said with urgency. Delilah noticed that she referred to the princess by her first name, which was highly disrespectful for anyone below the 72 Goetia. Delilah raised an eyebrow, her smirk growing as she noted Natsumi's boldness—or perhaps, her folly.
"Oh, 'Hisako' is it? You speak of our ruler as if she were a common acquaintance." Delilah's tone shifted, becoming colder, more authoritative. She leaned in closer, her presence intimidating.
"I think not, dear. You see, in Hell, respect and protocol govern us as much as fear and pain do. You can't simply 'talk' to the princess whenever you fancy, especially not with such familiarity and not without going through the proper channels." She stood firmly in Natsumi's path, her eyes narrowing.
"You will tell me exactly what you are here for and what you have learned, and perhaps I will consider escorting you to Hisako myself. But make no mistake, you are not simply passing by me without satisfying my curiosity." Delilah's command of the situation was absolute, reflecting her rank and the expectations of her infernal heritage. Natsumi tried to push past, but quickly saw that there wasn't a way through.
"Fine, I'll tell you. Promise that Hisako will learn of what I have to say one way or another though." She pleaded.
"I assure you, Natsumi, that if what you have to say is of true importance, Hisako will hear of it. But you will speak first to me." She crossed her arms, her posture relaxed yet unyielding, a clear sign that she wasn't about to be easily swayed or tricked.
"Tell me everything, and be quick about it. Time, as you might imagine, has a different meaning here, and I am not one to waste it." Her gaze locked onto Natsumi, compelling her to speak the truth, ensuring that she understood the gravity of her situation.
"I'm sure you are aware that she suspects her mother of being a trump card in the Extermination. I learned something that adds proof to that claim. I also learned why the miasma doesn't affect me." Delilah's interest peaked immediately at the mention of both revelations. Her stance softened slightly, an indication of her intrigue.
"Now that is certainly worth listening to," she said, her tone shifting to one of guarded curiosity.
"Proceed, Natsumi. Explain what you've discovered about Lilith's involvement in the Extermination. And I'm particularly eager to hear why Hell's miasma spares you—a mystery that has puzzled more than a few of us here." Natsumi let out a sigh of relief before speaking.
"I wasn't told much, but I was told that there are demons in Hell who play a role in the Extermination." Delilah's eyes narrowed thoughtfully as she processed this new piece of information.
"Demons playing roles in the Extermination," she murmured, her mind racing with the implications.
"That's a grave accusation, one that suggests treason or manipulation at the deepest levels of our hierarchy. We must tread carefully with such information." She then leaned in closer, her gaze intense and probing.
"Who, exactly, did you hear this from, Natsumi? Sources matter in Hell as much as the information itself. We need to verify the credibility before moving forward with such explosive knowledge." Delilah's voice softened slightly, recognizing the weight of what Natsumi was sharing and the risks involved for both of them.
"Someone who hid the fact of the extermination from me, and is the reason I'm even down here while still alive." Natsumi stated plainly. Delilah's interest deepened at Natsumi's admission.
"A protector, then—a figure cloaked in secrets, manipulating events from the shadows," she mused aloud, piecing together the scenario.
"This individual seems to be playing a complex game. The fact that you are alive, and here, speaks volumes about their power and their plans." She stepped closer, her expression earnest as she sought to impress upon Natsumi the gravity of the situation.
"You must understand, Natsumi, that whoever this is, their actions could have profound implications not just for you, but for all of Hell. We need to know who we are dealing with." Delilah's voice carried a mix of concern and command, urging Natsumi to reveal more.
"They won't be a problem, now let me pass." Natsumi barked, getting tired of waiting. Delilah's expression hardened, and she stood her ground firmly, her posture unyielding.
"I appreciate your urgency, Natsumi, but understand this: simply stating 'they won't be a problem' isn't enough to clear your path here," she stated with a commanding tone.
"You are in Hell, and here, we do not move merely on assurances without substance." She locked eyes with Natsumi, her gaze piercing.
"Before you can proceed to Hisako, you owe a full explanation. Who is this person? How have they shielded you from the miasma? These aren't idle curiosities; they are security concerns for the entirety of Hell. If you wish my cooperation—and my silence—on this matter, you will provide the details I require." Delilah's stance was one of complete control, reflecting her high rank and the responsibilities that came with it.
"Your protector's identity and their intentions are crucial for us to understand the full context of your visit and the information you carry. Speak now, and we can move forward." Her words left little room for argument, emphasizing that cooperation was the only way through this impasse.
"Her name is Isabelle, a head at the church I used to go to. She has ties to both Adam, and God. She had no part to play in the matter of why the miasma doesn't affect me." Natsumi stated firmly, standing her ground. Delilah's expression shifted to one of intrigue as Natsumi finally provided some concrete details.
"Isabelle, you say? With ties to both Adam and God?" She echoed thoughtfully, the significance of these connections not lost on her.
"This adds a layer of complexity we cannot ignore. Such alliances suggest movements at a cosmic scale, not just within our own infernal affairs." She then focused on the second part of Natsumi's claim,
"And the miasma? If not Isabelle, then who or what shields you?" Delilah's voice softened slightly as she thought to herself, acknowledging Natsumi's firm stance yet pressing for the final piece of this puzzling scenario.
"This is crucial, Natsumi. Understanding your immunity could be key to understanding much larger mechanisms at play here in Hell." Delilah stepped aside slightly, indicating that she was prepared to let Natsumi pass once these final details were shared.
"Explain this, and I will not only let you pass, but I will also consider how we might use this information to our advantage—with Hisako and perhaps beyond. Your cooperation is appreciated and will be remembered." Her words offered a path forward, signaling readiness to collaborate while still holding firm to her demand for transparency.
"According to Isabelle, I'm the daughter of God. My body naturally has cells that kills any and all miasma in my system. Though, I only learned this fact earlier today." Natsumi admitted as she looked at her feet. Delilah's eyes widened marginally at the revelation, her composed demeanor faltering for a mere second before she regained her typical poise.
"The daughter of God," she repeated slowly, allowing the full weight of Natsumi's words to sink in. The implications of such a heritage were vast and intricate, particularly within the volatile politics of Hell. She studied Natsumi carefully, reassessing the young woman before her in this new, profound light.
"That is no small claim, and it carries with it consequences and responsibilities, both of which you are now beginning to understand, I presume," Delilah said, her voice softer, tinged with a rare hint of empathy. Stepping aside fully now, Delilah gestured for Natsumi to pass.
"Go then, speak with Hisako. Such information should not be delayed, and it seems your role in all of this is larger than any could have anticipated." Her gaze lingered on Natsumi with a new sense of respect and wariness.
"Be wise, child of God, and remember: in Hell, every truth sparks a shadow. You must be ready for whatever comes out of it." Once Natsumi passed, Delilah remained in the shadows, contemplating the vast ramifications of what she had just learned.