5

When Amelia woke the next morning, she found her herself laying on the floor, still in her wedding gown and a bottle of champagne in her hand.

Her room was a mess, blankets on the floor, broken glass, chairs thrown around the room, clothes laying on the floor.

The night's events was a blur for Amelia, she only remembered the small details. When she ran to her room, when she ordered for wine and messing the room.

She stood up, threw the bottle to the side and made her way to the bed. Practically falling in the bed, Amelia looked up to the white ceiling.

"Why? Why me? Why this?" She asked herself a tear sliding down the side of her face. She was no longer in America, she was in England.

She was Queen of a land she would've never visited, of place she didn't care much about but now, she was their ruler, thier... Queen.

Wiping away the tear she crawled up to the bell next to her messed up bed, rang it and laid back down.

After two simple minutes, Brimsley entered her room, maids and servants following close behind, all holding clothing, jewelery.

Sighing, Amelia sat up and waited for the maids to undo her dress as she watched others fill a tub with warm water.

After successfully undressing and unbraiding Amelia's hair, she walked to the bathtub and sat in the tepid water.

Laying back, Amelia closed her eyes and relaxed. "Brimsley, is this a dream?"

"No your Majesty, this is all real" Brimsley replied with a sad smile. He felt bad for the young girl of seventeen, but he couldn't say anything, she was now the Queen.

Bathing wasn't the hard part, it was dressing and being fussed around, Amelia hated it, she could dress herself and do her own hair, she didn't need anyone.

"Ow, ow" she whispered as the maid fastened her corset, finally finished with the corset, Amelia walked over to her three choice of dresses.

These where not here dresses, nor was that her jewelery. Upon the bed laid a mint dress, a purple dress and a yellow dress.

With matching jewelery, Amelia picked the mint dress, her hair was made into one braid that hung down her shoulder.

Smiling I the mirror at her appearance, Amelia left the room for the servants to clean, "Brimsley" she called out.

"Yes, your majesty."

"What is in my engagement diary for the week?" She asked making her way for breakfast, "Engagement diary?" Brimsley questioned.

"Yes. I assume there will be charity visits, I could visit the poor or orphanage. I should meet my ladies-in-waiting as soon as possible, I suppose a promenade in the park will do just great. I need to learn what to do in this country."

"Your Majesty, there is nothing in your engagement diary" Amelia stopped in her tracks and looked back to Brimsley, "There is nothing in my engagement diary?"

"No your Majesty"

"Why not? I am Queen, do I not have duties?" She asked raing an eyebrow, "You do have duties, many your Majesty."

"Then how do I have nothing to do?"

"You are currently enjoying the privacy of the first days in marriage, your Majesty."

Amelia sighed, "My honeymoon" she whispered, this was her honeymoon but she was alone with her servants while her husband is gone to Kew.

****

Back in America, Amelia ate with her father, a small table just for the two of them. But she was not in America, this was England.

Servants stood along the sides of the table, all looking v at her, she gave them a soft smile and looked back to the table.

Various fruits and foods where placed on the table, all more than enough for one person to meat. Reaching over Amelia reached for a few berries, bread with butter and a glass of orange juice.

Amelia sipped her juice and awkwardly ate her bread, she didn't know why these people where here, so she called for Brimsley.

"Why are these servants just standing here?"

"They are here for protection, your Majesty" Amelia nodded and Brimsley stood back five spaces. Protecion, from what, she was alone in this house who would attack her?

After spending the day walking through the garden and exploring her home, Amelia was fussed around once again and was changed into her evening dress.

A bark blue dress with silver jewelery while her hair was pinned back into a bun with loose strands infront of her face.

She didn't why she had to dress this way, to look this way, she didn't have her husband to impress, she was alone and scared.