17

"It has been quite some time" Amelia spoke from her seat infront of the painter, that morning the princess arrived staying that the King requested a portrait be done.

Amelia didn't not believe her one bit.

"Your majesty?" The painter asked as he stopped painting and turned to Amelia, "I only meant to ask is, are you almost finished?"

The painters looked back to the painting, "I am afraid I am not even half done."

"Ramsey, is it not. Look at me, I am not a large woman."

"No your Majesty but-" Ramsey turned to the portraits then back to Amelia, "We still need the King.It is a wedding portrait by His Majesty's request."

"Yes, his majesty..." Amelia turned from Ramsey to Princess Augusta who sat nearby, "-requested a wedding portrait be done."

Augusta looked up from her embroidery, "His majesty is quite thoughtful."

"Quite indeed."

Later that night, Amelia wrote yet another letter, however this was not for George, this was for her father and cousin. Asking, requesting him to take her home, or well, even visit.

She wanted home. She needed home.

Handing the letter to Brimsley, Amelia stood up and took off her dressing gown and turned to Brimsley who was still standing, "Are you going to watch me sleep too?"

"No, sorry your majesty."

****

The next morning, before either, George or Amelia woke up, Brimsley and Reynolds mer at their same spot, "Are you going to let me have the letter?" Reynolds asked rasing an eyebrow.

"There is no letter."

"There is."

"There is not." The pair seemed to be arguing like a married couple.

"I see it in your hand."

"There is a letter."

"As I said."

"There is a letter but not for His majesty. She's writing to her father and cousin in America."

"What? The Queen's father that resides in America. What for?" Reynolds was confused, utterly confused.

"Because she cannot leave without a country to give her haven and a male protector."

"Oh."

"Oh? Reynolds! I am...I am not to post it am I?" Brimsley did not want Amelia to leave, he rather liked her and this letter could even be taken as treason.

"You ask me?"

"Yes, I ask you. This is...She wants to leave. I can fail to post it. Shall I fail to post it?"

"That is up to your discretion."

"No, it is our... You can tell His Majesty. He will take action. Come back to her. All will be solved."

Reynolds looked down, fully knowing that that was not possible. "So? Shall I fail to post it?"

"There is nothing that can be done. Post it."

Brimsley turned around and wanted to walk but stopped in his tracks and turned to Reynolds, "Everything is in danger. And you keep secrets."