9

Dressed in a emerald dress, Amelia slowly made her way to the dining room, all she wanted to do was eat and retire to bed and think of what Agatha had told her.

She knew she couldn't leave, so she accepted her fate.

The walked into the dinning room but a voice startled her, "Hello Amelia" George's voice echoed the room and out of instinct, Amelia bowed.

"George" Amelia said with no expression or emotion, she stared at him from across the table, he was all happy and cheery, "May I join you for a meal?"

"What?"

"I would like to join you for a meal, if you may."

"I've suddenly lost my appetite" Amelia quickly turned on her heels and walked back to her room, "Amelia! Amelia where are you running off to?"

"Anywhere you are not" Amelia said as she continued walked, George hot on her trail, "Amelia! Amelia stop right now!"

Amelia stopped in her tracks, her back to the King, "Why are you here?" Her voice was full of sadness, after just ignoring her, he turns up at night to have dinner. What was he expecting her do to, sit and look pretty?

"I know I have no reason to be here. You probably hate me, I wouldn't be surprised if you did but all I want to do is talk."

"Talk about what? How you left me alone or wait let us talk about how you sent me a dog to talk to instead of just being a man and be with your wife" Amelia turned to face George and took a few steps closer to him.

"I understand your frustrations but if you will, I would like a second chance, a second chance to be a husband, to show you where my mind has been. It will not make you love me but perhaps you'll hate me just a little less."

Amelia stared at George, looked straight into his eyes for any sign of lie that he may be hiding but she found nothing, sighing Amelia nodded, "Fine."

****

The couple drove to Kew and as soon and they stepped out of the carriage they immediately went to the observatory, George insisted on showing her something.

The observatory reminder her of the fight they had, when he told her to leave, when she yelled at him to come home, luckily the situation was far different.

"Look" George said and pointed to the telescope, Amelia smiled and looked through it, she searched for a few seconds until finding...a planet?

"Is that-"

"Venus" George said, nodding excitedly, she let go of the telescope and looked to her husband, "I was looking at Venus?" A smiled spread across her face.

George smiled, "You were. I've been studying it. See, a rare occurrence is coming, Venus will travel in a specific arc and give us a single moment to take precise measurements and we shall know the distance from the Earth to the Sun.'The transit of Venus' it is called, it will be quite spectacle."

"It is beautiful" Amelia said looking back through the telescope her eyes finding Venus once again, "It is."

Amelia pulled away from the telescope and looked to George who was smiling at her, "Seems you haven't been looking at the stars."

"No I haven't. And now because of all of this I have ruined your wedding night" Amelia liked down, "Technically it was your wedding night too."

"I am sorry Amelia, truly I am."

George took hold of both Amelia's hands and she looked up, "I do forgive you George and I think you can make it all up to me."