13

Amelia sat on the couch, her ladies-in-waiting stood all gathered at the door while a little boy by the name of Mozart was playing the pianoforte.

Amelia thought him to be quite talented, though her ladies-in-waiting thought otherwise.

As the song finished, Amelia clapped loudly and cheered for the young boy, her ladies-in-waiting clapping too, "Excellent, play another please" the young bowed and begun a new song.

Whispers from her ladies-in-waiting were heard but Amelia paid no attention to them, Lady Danbury cleared her throat.

"Your Majesty where did you discover this young Mozart?" Amelia smiled to her ladies-in-waiting and was about to reply when she heard George's voice from outside.

Turning, she stood up and made her way to the window, "One moment."

From the window, Amelia could see George, shirtless and walking with a gardener, she opened her mouth and shook her head.

She turned back to her ladies-in-waiting, "You may all go, I have met you and you are no longer needed" the women looked at each other then the queen, "You majesty."

As they all left Amelia went over to the small boy, "You may stop darling" the boy stopped and stood up, "You know what, tell the cook to give you some tarts and then you may go home."

The boy smiled, bowed and left the room. Amelia sighed and made her way to George's room.

It did not take long for George to arrive and Amelia's sudden presence in his room startled him, "It is not an even day."

"It is not, it is decidedly odd" Amelia took a few steps closer to him and wiped off some dirt from his cheek and cupped her face.

George smiled and walked passed her, "I require privacy."

"What are you about? I try hard to understand you. You refuse to hold court, you will not go out or even attend society-"

"I have duties."

Amelia nodded, "Such as helping our farmer?

"Yes. I farm."

"Excuse me?"

"Remember I told you I enjoy science" Amelia nodded as George bit the inside of his cheek, "Part of that science is agriculture, I enjoy farming."

Amelia smiled, "So King George is farmer George too?"

"Yes, farmer George. I am farmer George" George took a step closer to him and showed out both his dirty hands, "These are the hands of an king and a farmer."

Amelia traced her hands over his palms and smiled, "A Farmer King" she whispered, she looked up and her eye met his, "I shall leave you to it then."

She turned and walked out of the room, a farmer King, quite unique.

****

The next day, Amelia found herself seated near a large enough window to watch over her husband, Summer laid on her lap and a cup of tea was in her hand.

"He farms" she reminded herself and sighed, taking a sip of the tea. Brimsley took a step closer from the door, "Lady Agatha Danbury" he introduced and Agatha walked into the room.

"We are not gathering untill after lunch" she reminded Agatha, her eyes still on her husband, "Your majesty."

"I wanted to speak to you, your Majesty, about the ball I am hosting" Amelia slightly smiled, "You are hosting a ball? How lovely, if you've come to invite me know that the king does not attend such matters."