Part 6

Part 6:

*Billie's POV*

She liked me. She actually freaking liked me. God, I had thought that all these signals were just friendly... Mike was right...
I walked back over the broken tracks that were blinking like crazy again, but it was okay, because the trains could be easily heard on a walk. But they also came right around the corner, which was hidden by a building and a couple of trees. The lights were still blinking as I crossed, and kept walking. Then I started to think. Over the past month and a half, Scar and I had become pretty close. We could easily talk to each other but... now I didn't know how to act. Were... Scar and I dating? Was I supposed to ask? Was I supposed to take her out on a date? This was the first girl I actually cared about. I was still stressing about it as I reached my house. I walked in, sat in my room with Mike, who now lives with me. His mom and sister moved to the nicer suburb, but we were kinda in a band, so I convinced my mom and Mike's for him to move in with and somehow, they agreed.
As I walked into the room, Mike was playing guitar. He put it down and looked at me with wide eyes.
"How'd it go? What'd she say? Does she like you?" He asked.
Although it didn't go as I planned, she did have the same feelings for me.
"She puked," I started. Mike's face changed completely.
"Oh fack." He said. "I'm sorry man."
"Nah it's good, because right after that, she told me she had the same feelings for me. I'm sure she had food poisoning, looked like she ate chicken, but yknow." I laughed.
Mike laughed in disbelief.
"Wow, you two really are a couple of screw ups." He smiled, and started playing his guitar again. I laid back on my bed, and soon enough, went to sleep peacefully.

*Scarlett's POV*

I woke up in the morning and brushed my teeth, then went to school feeling oddly refreshed.
When I got there, I saw Billie standing by his locker, his back turned to me. He handed something to some greasy looking dude, and in return the guy gave him a couple of dollar bills. They shook hands, and the guy walked off. I wasn't quite sure what had just happened, so I tried to make it look like I hadn't noticed, by opening up the spiral in my hands and acting like I was reviewing notes as I walked up to my locker.
"Hey Scar!" Billie said. "How's it hanging?" Smiling, I closed my spiral.
"Just studying for this crazy math final I have to take today, gotta keep my grades up, yknow?" I said to him, using his word. "What about you?" I asked.
"Yknow, I'm pretty good," he said, and I was just about to say something, when he started up again, "but... I've thought about this. Scar, last night..." Oh no...
"Yeah?" I asked, feeling embarrassed again, remembering I nearly puked all over him.
"I know we both said we had felt the same way about each other, but... are we like... together? No - that's not what I was going to say... Um... do you want to go out sometime?" He'd just butchered that entire question, but I didn't care.
"I would love to." I smiled. He smiled back.
"Cool! Uh, I mean, how about Friday? I've kinda been wanting to show you something."
Just then the bell rang.
"Friday is perfect!" I exclaimed, and then I did something I couldn't really hold back. I hugged him. Like, really freaking hugged him. He hugged me back, in exactly the same way... I could feel him breathing.
"Billie, I never got the chance to thank you about last night..." I started, just slightly pulling away, but not completely.
"Don't sweat it, it's cool." He said, letting me go.
I smiled, and he smiled, and then we parted ways to our classes. Friday couldn't come quick enough.