Part 13

I woke up that morning in Billie's arms. My head was resting on his chest, and my arm was draped over his tummy. I looked up at him. He had one arm around me, and the other was over his eyes. His mouth was open, and he was snoring lightly. Even asleep he was perfect. I put my head back down on his chest, and felt it rise and fall with every breath he took. It was perfect, just laying in bed on a Saturday morning, peacefully, with Billie. Nothing could ever ruin this moment. Hell, nothing could ever ruin my day. A few moments later, Billie started to stir. His arm moved from his eyes, and I quickly acted like I was asleep. Billie put his other arm around me, and began humming again. The tune sounded different from what he had sang with his band. It was soft, a kind of melody that you'd want to fall asleep listening to.
When Billie seemed to stop humming, I spoke up.
"That was beautiful." I said quietly.
He chuckled. "You're supposed to be asleep." I giggled too.
"How am I supposed to sleep with all of your snoring?" I joked.
He inhaled sharply, faking offense.
"Well," he started, "at least I don't fart in my sleep."
I sat up and hit him on the chest, playfully.
"I don't do that!"
"I know." He smiled, and then kissed me. My heart fluttered as I remembered last night... how perfect it was... then I remembered Blake, and how I was supposed to be home by one o'clock. I glanced at Billie's bedside clock. It was 12:30.
"Oh shit!" I exclaimed, practically jumping out of bed, and grabbing the nearest shirt I could find. I slipped on my jeans from last night as Billie put on his boxers and helped me get my things together. I ran out of Billie's room, and into the kitchen, where Billie's mom Ollie, Mike, and Blake were. Ollie was making breakfast, and Mike and Blake were sitting on the barstools, Mike with a guitar in his hands.
"Scar!" Ollie said, grabbing my attention. "How about some late breakfast this afternoon? I've got bacon!" As much as I wanted to stay, I couldn't.
"I'm sorry, Mrs. Armstrong, but -"
"Just call me Ollie," she smiled.
I smiled back, "I'm sorry Ollie, but I can't stay for breakfast, I've got to be back home before one, but definitely next time." I told her, then eyed Blake.
"Oh shit right," she said, "I've gotta get home too, but I'll see you later, Mike!" She kissed him once, and we headed for the front door. I was halfway out, when someone grabbed my hand. Billie. I turned around and he hugged me.
"I know we didn't get a chance to talk about last night, but I want to tell you, it was the most amazing night of my life, and I love you so much, Scarlett Black. No matter what." Billie said, and then kissed me.
"I love you too, Billie Joe Armstrong. I'll see you tonight, yeah?" I smiled, and he nodded. I waved goodbye, and got into Blake's car.

•••

The whole way home, Blake talked about how her and Mike did it in the most... uhm... sensual way? I don't know, but it involved candle wax, which explained why Blake smelled like a mixture of different house smells. All I could think about was Billie and I. Blake dropped me off at my house, and I walked in through the front door.
My parents were sitting on the couch.
"Scarlett Arriane Black." My mother called. Oh god... the middle name...
I walked into the living room.
"Yes ma'am?" I asked, shaken to the core.
"Care to explain where you were last night?" She growled.
"I was with Blake, at her house -"
"Her mother called. Looking for her. She said she was supposed to be here, with you. Now I'm going to ask you once more. Where. Were. You?"
I was gonna puke. My cover was blown, and my ass was going to be dead. I didn't say anything. I couldn't.
"You were with that jackoff junkie again weren't you?!" She yelled. I winced.
"Mom, let me explain-" I tried.
"NO!" She screamed. "There's nothing to explain! You were with him when I told you you were to NEVER see him again! HOW DARE YOU!"
I started to cry, and she came over and slapped me.
"You're just going to whore yourself out to any boy you see?! Fine! Go ahead!" She yelled again, and then stormed out of the room, my father following.
I held my cheek, it was growing hot where I had been struck. I slid down the wall, and sat.
About four minutes later I heard my mother on the phone.
"Yes, may I please speak to the school's superintendent?" My heart pounded in my stomach.
"Hi, this is Joanne Black, and my daughter attends your school. I would just like to inform that I will be pulling my daughter out of school. She has found a, um, more drastic way of learning. Yes sir, I will be down to sign papers in just a moment. Thank you. Goodbye."
My mother was pulling me out of school. She walked passed me, not even looking in my direction, or telling me that she was taking me out. She slammed the front door when she left, got in her car, and drove away. I ran upstairs to my room, in shock.
I sat on my bed. I didn't read, I didn't listen to music, I didn't cry. I reached for my phone, to see that my mother had taken it out too. So I sat in silence.
When my mother returned, she opened the door to my room, and threw papers onto my bed.
"You will not be attending school for the rest of your senior year, and you will be moving out. You want to live your life without following my rules as a minor, then do so. Live your life as an adult. I want nothing to do with it. I suggest you start looking for a job." And with that, as slammed my door. I picked up the papers she had thrown at me. There were three of them. One was a job application, one was a paper saying that I basically dropped out of school, and the other was an apartment application. My mother had just disowned me. I didn't cry. I didn't know what to think. I went into my closet, and grabbed two suitcases. I packed up all of my stuff. My clothes and necessities in one, and my record player, cassette player, along with my records and cassettes, and any other of my important things in the other. I picked up the note Billie had written to me the night I nearly puked on him, and shoved it in my pocket. After I had packed all of my things, I stood in the doorway, looking at my room, still not shedding a tear. I walked downstairs, and out the front door. I had no idea where I was going. I just had to get somewhere. I went to the nearest 7-11. I got a slushy, and some of those Funyun chips. I sat outside on my suitcase full of my clothes until it got dark. No one questioned me, or asked if I needed help. They just passed me as they walked in, got what they needed, and walked out again. It was nine o'clock when I got up and started walking again. I walked over the broken tracks, and found my way up a familiar driveway, ringing the doorbell to a familiar house.
"Scar..." Billie answered. "I've been trying to get a hold of you... but your phone wasn't working." He said. I didn't say anything. Then he noticed my suitcases.
"Can I stay here for the night?" Was all I asked.