Part 2

School was... interesting. After my screw up with Billie Joe, I saw him in three of my seven classes. He sat in the back row in each one with two other rowdy guys, while I sat in the front, and read over my monthly syllabus. As the day droned on, I didn't talk to anyone else; today had just not been a good day. Billie Joe was trouble, but somehow I couldn't stop myself from wanting to talk to him. It was frustrating. How could I maintain my schoolwork and this crazy smooth... attractive... guy...
I got on the bus to get back home, but something didn't feel quite right. I used my peripheral vision to look behind me at the several rows of students to see that half of them were asleep, and half were making obscene gestures towards me. I quickly turned around, and put my head down. When the bus jerked to a stop, we were at my house. I gathered my stuff, walking off of the bus as I heard cat calls and a mixture of inappropriate slurs. Heading straight up to my room, I reorganized my stuff, picked up a book, and started reading. Sometimes I can sit in my room and read for hours, sometimes without eating. Reading distracts me from my own life. Everything here has gotten to be crazy and even a little scary, but in a book you get to live someone else's life - someone else's story. It's addicting. But tonight, I couldn't keep my mind focused on my book. I kept thinking about Billie Joe. He was cute, by my parents would never approve; I can tell just by his hair and his eyes and his stupid smirk and the way he moves his hands just a little bit when he's talking...
"Ugh! Get out of my head!" I exclaimed to myself, closing my book and burying my face into my pillow. Just then I heard something, like a little clicking noise, near my window. I sat up, and looked around - nothing. I laid on my back and looked at the ceiling, when I heard two more clicks, coming from the same direction. I sat up and walked over to the window and opened it, looking outside. There was a silhouette standing outside. It waved. I began to get nervous.
"Who are you?" I said quietly, so my parents wouldn't hear.
The figure walked closer, so that the light of the window shone on him, revealing his identity. My breath hitched in my throat and my palms became sweaty.
"Oh sweet baby Jesus ..." I said to myself.
"Hey Scar! It's Billie Joe, the one you ran into today during first period!" He smirked.
Yeah... kind hard to forget that one. But most of all, what the heck was he doing at my house?!
"What are you doing here?!" I asked, still quietly, but a bit hostile.
"What?" Billie Joe said, cupping a hand to his ear. I repeated my question.
"...whAT?!" He said loudly.
Ugh, he couldn't hear me, I was going down there. I hopped out of my window and stood on the roof, then walked over to the flower trellis, and used it as a ladder to get to Billie. I walked up to him and he sauntered to me.
"I said, what are you doing here at my house? And how the heck to you know where I live? Did you follow me? Why?" I questioned and he scratched his head and smiled.
"I just wanted to say hi, since we didn't really get to in the hall, yknow?"
"Hi. Why did you come at night?" I asked.
"Well, I just got off from practice, and uh, I live a few blocks from you, across the train tracks, and I ride your bus. I saw those guys picking on you today and you seemed upset so I wanted to make sure you were okay."
"I'm fine." I replied nonchalantly with a smile. "What's it to you?"
"Well I know some of those guys. And they're major jerks... are you okay?" He asked again.
"Yes. I'm fine. Now, why are you really here. Don't try to tell my the same reason because I know that's not the only one." I said firmly, but still smiling.
"Well, Scar, I was just wanting to know if you wanted to go for a walk tonight... with me? I know it sounds awkward but trust me I go on walks a lot this time of night - it helps clear the mind - but when I passed your house, I thought I'd ask... it's okay if you don't want to..." he chucked nervously.
Whoa. That was a bit unexpected. First he gives me that smirk in the hall and then shows up at my house looking extremely handsome asking if I'm alright... and the truth was, I did want to go with Billie. I wanted to hang out with him, and get to know him.
"I uhh..." I started, but was soon cut off by the front porch light being turned on, and my dad opening the front door.