Chapter 2 - [Part 2]

...

It was a sunny day. Everything was bright and quiet. People were likely inside their apartments. It was Saturday so it was likely that no one would go outside since they were busy with their gadgets and computers to play with; parents most likely try to relax after their tiring work.

But there was someone outside, walking down the road in agony. The person was tired of all the walking. They also looked quite bruised. They seemed very upset, almost as if they were traumatized by something. He took a bread piece and ate it.

???: (munching) Hm... This is starting to taste crap...

???: (It's been few days since *that* incident happened. I've been trying to forget about it, but it's still haunting me. )

???: (I don't know how long I have to keep walking to find a good place. Those houses look more occupied...)

???: (To think that the leader would be like this...)

???: (It's so... surreal.)

???: Hm... I'm sure some of you are confused about who I am...

 I'm sure some of you are confused about who I am

???: My name is Dogday. I'm the last of the Smiling Critters to be alive.

Dogday: We used to be a huge family that hung out with kids and took care of them...

Dogday: It was the happiest day of our lives...

Dogday: But... inside the Playcare where we lived, the darkness was filled.

Dogday: One of our critters, Catnap was influenced by the Prototype, apparently it was some sort of god to him.

Dogday: He always prayed to it and he was talking about a thing called "The Hour of Joy" and how it would save everyone from the factory...

Dogday: Of course, I knew what it meant: ...The slaughter.

Dogday: When the day when The Hour of Joy was supposed to happen... something unexpected happened instead...

Dogday: The Prototype was found dead and so were Huggy Wuggy, Mommy Long-Legs, and PJ Caterpillar. Everyone was confused and shocked. The Hour of Joy, the event that was supposed to happen was canceled like this...

Dogday: Catnap was mostly upset and decided to lock himself in the cell, (even though he escaped from it)

Dogday: I thought it was a miracle that the massacre ended...

Dogday: But instead... I was wrong...

Dogday: Smiling Critters were attacked all of a sudden... CraftyCorn and Bubba... were found dead.