Chapter 2 - [Part 4]

*Knock, Knock!*

???: U-huh?

Papyrus, who was in sleep for 3 minutes, woke up from a knock. He rubbed his eyes

Papyrus: Huh? Who would be awoken by this hour?

Papyrus opened the door and saw Stewie entering.

Stewie: Okay, there's something I need to ask about.

Papyrus: Mr. Stewie! What are you doing here?

Stewie: I came for a question, Papyrus. And this one is urgent.

Papyrus: O-okay... What is it?

Stewie: Who is Dr. Gaster?

Papyrus: G-Gaster?

Stewie: According to dreams we received before the motive reveal, you seem to know him. And it just happens that he knows something about resets.

Papyrus: U-uh...

Stewie: Apparently these resets allow to reset the timeline and form a new one. It's like in a video game you return to your checkpoint or the last safe file.

Papyrus: I... suppose so.

Stewie: Papyrus. If these resets exist, then it would possibly explain why universes have collided and formed a multiverse.

Papyrus: Y-yeah... I guess you are right.

Stewie: Then is there something you aren't telling us?

Papyrus was surprised by that question.

Papyrus: W-what?! Me hiding something?!

Stewie: If you knew this Dr. Gaster person, then you must also know something about it.

Stewie: Why didn't you mention any of this earlier?

Papyrus: I don't know who this Gaster person is!

Stewie tilted his head.

Stewie: Oh really? Then why was there an image of you being with him?

Papyrus: I do not understand it either...

Stewie started to walk around Papyrus.

Stewie: Or maybe... you do know something about but you just can't reveal it.

Papyrus: I-I don't know anything about it! I don't know what these resets are! Flowey was the one to mention it.

Stewie stopped his movements and turned to Papyrus, intrigued by what he just said.