chapter 5

NAMPING pov:
The day of the event party:

I

was feeling anxious while I walked into the party. I didn't want to come. The only reason I'm here is to prove to Kai that I am really dating Keng. Well not really but he doesn't need to know.

At his office we agreed that when he'll see me he'll act like we're in a relationship. I just hope he sticks to the plan . While I entered the room I spotted Kai's new girlfriend. She was wearing a beautiful red dress. And Kai was following her . It broke my heart. Maybe I am not good enough, maybe I'm the problem. I know I'm not the cutest nor the prettiest. But seeing him stand next to her just made me feel bad .

I quickly forgot about those thoughts when I saw the ball room

I quickly forgot about those thoughts when I saw the ball room . It was beautiful. But better there was plenty of food. This time I learned from my mistake. I won't be stuffing my face with cake again. Just thinking about those thoughts made me feel so embarrassed.

I went alone to the party. Normally I ask Kong or my parents to come along. For the only reason that I still didn't tell them. Well Kong knew that I was 'dating '
Keng . But I still didn't tell him the truth. It is a relief that he couldn't make it today or I'll have to explain everything to him . And I don't know if I should tell him the truth or not . As for my parents. I'm sure they're going to find out pretty soon .

I was standing Al alone with just a glass of wine in my hand . So I decided to go look for Keng . When I find him I'll just stand next to him so I won't look lonely.

There I was looking for keng when I accidentally bumped into someone .
" Sorry I was- "
" Waaaaaaw fancy seeing you here "
It was Kai . My mind raced through a million thoughts. What should I do . Do I just walk away. No , no I can't do that . That will make me look more pathetic.

" Oh , it's you . "
" So where is you boyfriend. ? " He asked with a grin on his face . As if the situation wasn't bad . His new girlfriend had to join. She started question me about Keng .
" Babe calm down, he's not dating Keng. Obviously if he was he wouldn't be standing here all alone. " I wanted to throw my glass of wine on him . " O , look there is you boyfriend " Kai pointed behind me . When I turned around. I saw Keng standing there talking to some other people.

He turned around and our eyes met. I couldn't blame him we were so loud almost everyone stated looking at us . So I completely turned around and Waved at him with a smile on my face.

__________

Keng smirked an turned around to continue talking to the people standing with him.

" Ha , your own boyfriend ignores you, I told you he was lying. Look even Keng knows how crazy you are ". I almost cried when those words left Kai's mouth. He girlfriend also started giggling. I started getting more anxious as I felt the eyes of everyone one in the room boring into me .

I was about to leave when I felt a hand on my saidwaist.

It was Keng !! " Hey darling , you called me ? " I could hear Whisper filling the room

It was Keng !!
" Hey darling , you called me ? " I could hear Whisper filling the room .
" Y-....Yeah " I said while I was turning into every shade of pink " I want you to meet someone.....So here is Kai , my ex and this is his girlfriend. " Kai's girlfriend's jaw dropped to the floor. She immediately let go of Kai's hand and started fixing her hair . " Hey I'm Shagua . I'm Kai's girlfriend , but we're not really serious. " It was obvious that she was flirting with him . And that didn't make Kai happy .
" So are you really dating Namping. Let me tell you something Namping is not who you think he is . He eats a lot and ...and he whines al-

He was about to finish his sentence when Keng stopped him .
" Mr. Kai , where are your manners ? You know Namping  told me lot about you . First i didn't believe him , but now that i finally got the chance to meet you . I totally get why he broke with you . Common darling let’s not stay with pigs  " And then we simply walked away for the rest of the evening I stood next to him his hand still wrapped around my waist . I was shocked when he started introducing me as his boyfriend to other people.

Later that night

The party had ended everyone left . I stayed with Keng till the last guests left . Now there's only us and the clean up team . They came right after the party clean up .

" Namping let me drop you off at home . Oke ? " I simply nodded and followed him to the car

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Hey guys this is the end of this chapter. I know I haven't been posting a lot . I'm sorry I just got caught up with school and homework . Thanks for you guys support il keep doing my best 💕. If you guys don't like something just tell me in the comments. Bye 👋 🫂