chapter 8

NAMPING pov :

Keng offered me a ride home. The ride was silent as I was stressed and anxious. When we got there I directly ran to
Nunew. And when I got there I was about to throw up. There was the head of Amir. Amir is one of my bodyguards but I always considered him as a friend because he's been working for us for more than years. Keng followed not so long after.
" Omg" he gasped as he saw Amir's head on the table.
Nunew told us that they came into the office and just found the head on the table and after some searching the found the rest of his body in a purple plastic bag in a drawer.

We immediately got he's head removed from the table so that we could probably have a funeral later. But that wasn't ore only issues the police is also after us. Now the police is always trying to catch a mafia member that is not new. But my parents have a feeling that there getting close to that. It's like there have some inside information. SOMEONE IS BETRAYING US.

_________________

"Namping I want to tell you something." As I was getting closer to Nunew. Keng followed. " In private please. " He shot a dirty look at keng as he left and told me that he's going to wait for me in the car.

As I followed Nunew he told me that he doesn't trust Keng. And that he thinks that Keng is dating me just to get closer to the family and then sell ore information. If only he knew that me and him weren't actually dating. I that I'm the on who suggested being in a fake relationship.
" Oh commone why would you think that. ? "
" Because Ping, don't you think its weird that you guys got into a relationship after such a short period of time. Listen to me, i don't really think you love him. You're just heartbroken. "
Omg ! First of all I don't love him second of all we're not really dating and third ......... Well there isn't really a third. But anyways. I obviously didn't tell him all of that. But what should I tell him, no pleas let me be with him I love him. I knew getting with Keng was going to get me trouble. But for my brother to think that his spying on us was not what I would have guessed.

" You can't tell me what to do. It's my life." And after that statement I just left. Nunew didn't try to hold me back he just sighed and let me go.

________

I was mad but also sad. Why would someone betray us or kill Amir. I just walked forward without saying anything. When I got to keng he was waiting outside of his care. With my head down i stood Infront of him. I couldn't stop myself and I just started sobbing.
" Why, why would they kill him. ?" I tried holding my tears back but I couldn't. I was tired. First Kia broke up with me even though I pretend that I'm over him and I got a new boyfriend. Deep down it's still hurt. I loved him. And he just made it worst by laughing in my face with his new girlfriend. And know there's Amir. He's gone. Forever.

After seeing me like this Keng didn't say anything he just came forward and hugged me. I didn't want to think about anything. So I just hugged him back. It's weird I found confort in him. But then my mind flashed back to earlier. To what Nunew said. Now that I think about it. It is kinda weird that Keng accepted my proposition so fast. I didn't have to argue about it he just accepted it. Like we just net once now that I'm really starting to dig into it. It does seem off. It's even weird that he wants something in return but didn't tell me what he wants. What could he possible want. ?

The next day

I don't even know why I'm at school. I could've just skipped today. But anyways I'm here. As I was walking to class someone grabbed my hand from behind. Luckily it was just Kong.
" Soo , how was your date yesterday??"
He asked amused. I didn't even think about what I'll tell him like uhmm my fake boyfriend took me to a restaurant and then I got an urgent call from my brother telling me one of my bodyguards was murdered and then accusing my fake boyfriend of spying on us. I still haven't forgotten about Amir his funeral will be in a couple of days.

A tear started forming in my eyes as she fell to my cheek. Kong noticed.
" Are you ok. You know if you don't want to tell me about it you don't have to. "
" I...I ... Let's talk after school. Right in that moment the bell rang and Kong hugged me one last time and left for his class. I made up my mind, I was going to tell everything to Kong. About my fake relationship with keng and about Amir and also about the police situation we have going on.

After school

We went directly to my house. I made us some tea and went to the garden to sit down. And have a talk. I didn't really know how to tell him. I just didn't have to think much just talk.
" So I'm not really dating keng. After lying to Kai I didn't have any other choice but to fake a relationship. And then we found out that someone is selling us to the police. And my parents think that it's someone close to us and Nunew thinks that it's Keng. And yesterday we found the head of Amir in our office. He's funeral will be in a couple of days. "
Kong didn't say anything. By the look on his face I could tell he was shocked.

He got up I thought he was going to leave. I mean I've been lying to him for so many time. We promised each other that we would tell everything to each other. But here I am lying to my best friend. But then he hugged me.

" I'm sorry I lied to you." I said while I started crying again.
" It's oke I would've done the same. But tell me more about it. " He said as he went back to sit on his chair. I told he everything again but with more detail this time. It felt so good to finally get that off my chest.

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
So what do you think. Do you think Kang is betraying Namping or not. Who do you suspect.??
*
*
*
*
*

hi guys 🤗 I'm back I'm so sorry it took me so much time to make a new chapter. But I'm back for good. I will continue the series. I hope you guys will support me. Thank u 😁🎀💕