chapter 14

⚠️ pleas consider reading the note at the end of this chapter. Thank u

Namping pov:

*

*Where is he?** I thought to myself as I sprinted down the dimly lit hallway. The only sounds were the echo of my footsteps and the sporadic bursts of gunfire. As I ran, a noise from a nearby room caught my attention. Cautiously, I opened the door and slipped inside. It was the kitchen, shrouded in darkness and nearly impossible to navigate.

The kitchen was expansive, leading somewhere unknown. I began to move when a hand suddenly grabbed me, pulling me sharply towards it. Instinctively, I prepared to defend myself, but then I realized it was Keng. He was crouched down, his expression a mix of anger and concern. He quickly covered my mouth with his hand.

"What are you doing here? It's dangerous! Why didn't you stay where I told you to stay?" he demanded in a hushed but intense voice.

"Well, I can't let you go alone," I replied, my voice trembling slightly.

Keng sighed, resigned to the fact that I wouldn't listen. He handed me a gun. "Protect yourself," he instructed, understanding that arguing would be futile.

Just then, we heard footsteps approaching. Keng stood up swiftly and fired, hitting the intruder squarely in the head. Another man appeared from behind, catching us off guard. He was also armed. He aimed at Keng and fired, but Keng dodged the bullet with quick reflexes, closing the distance between them and initiating a fierce hand-to-hand combat.

I stood there, paralyzed for a moment, knowing I couldn't risk using the gun for fear of hitting Keng by mistake. Desperate to help, I grabbed the largest knife I could find and waited for the right moment. As the man turned his back to me, I plunged the knife into him. He collapsed to the ground, bleeding profusely but not yet dead.

Keng, breathing heavily, knelt down beside the man and shouted, "Who do you work for !?"

The man remained silent, his eyes defiant. Keng's frustration was palpable. As I scanned the man, I noticed something protruding from his pocket. I bent down and retrieved a small plastic bag filled with white powder. Drugs, perhaps?

Keng took the bag and slipped it into his pocket. "We'll figure out what this is later," he said. He then turned his attention to me, his expression softening with concern. "Are you hurt?" he asked, examining me closely.

"I'm fine," I assured him, though my hands were still with blood from the stab.

Keng nodded, though worry lingered in his eyes. "Let's move."

We cautiously exited the kitchen, ready to go to the main area. 

When we reached the main area, it was eerily empty, just as we had expected. Everyone had fled, leaving behind a chilling scene of chaos. The floor was littered with dead bodies, and the metallic scent of blood hung heavy in the air. We scanned the area, searching for any signs of life or clues, but there was nothing to be seen.

Suddenly, Keng's urgent voice pierced the silence. "Namping!!" he shouted.

Before I could react, a sharp pain exploded in my stomach, and I felt a warm rush of blood. I looked down in shock to see a crimson stain spreading across my shirt. I had been shot. The realization hit me like a ton of bricks, and I staggered, trying to process the pain and the gravity of the situation.

Keng was at my side in an instant, his face a mask of panic and determination. "Hang on, Namping! Stay with me!" he urged, his voice shaking slightly.

The room seemed to spin around me as I struggled to stay upright. My vision blurred, and the pain in my stomach was overwhelming. I clutched at the wound, trying to stem the flow of blood, but it felt like trying to hold back a river with my bare hands.

Keng quickly assessed the situation, his mind racing. He ripped a piece of fabric from his shirt and pressed it against my wound, applying pressure to slow the bleeding. "You're going to be okay," he said, more to reassure himself than me. "We need to get you out of here
"Hold on," he repeated, his voice softer now, almost a plea. "We'll get through this."
But I couldn't take the pain anymore and closed my eyes.

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

😭. Thank u , bye 💕🩷