chapter 16

After breaking up with Keng, my life has gradually returned to a semblance of normalcy. However, there's an undeniable emptiness that seems to linger, especially during social gatherings. Despite the lively atmosphere at parties, I can't shake the feeling that something is missing.

I can't help but feel a sense of regret for rejecting him. I've informed everyone about our breakup, and my parents have been surprisingly supportive. Nevertheless, life feels mundane and lackluster. I've attempted to venture into the dating scene again, but every person I meet fails to capture my interest. They simply aren't him.

In an effort to explore new possibilities, I even went on a date with a woman, which ended with us becoming friends. Today, I find myself preparing for another social event—a party—with a new date named Jonathan. My expectations are low, and I feel a sense of obligation rather than excitement. But bailing on him now would be unfair, so here I am, sitting in my car, headed to the party with little hope for the evening ahead.

He didn't even come to pick me up. What a gentleman man. Keng would always make the effort to pick me up, but Jonathan is clearly not keng. I finally arrived at the party and said my goodbyes to Matt before heading inside. How ridiculous- I now had to navigate the crowded venue to find Jonathan.

After a while I spotted him and made my over. As soon as I approached he, greetex me by grabbing my hips. Excuse me, sir ! This is the  first time we're meeting. I chose to ignore his inappropriate gesture and joined in the conversation. Throughout the evening, he continued to make me uncomfortable by repeatedly placing his hand on me. At one point, he even grabbed my ass. I felt violated and increasingly uneasy. And I just wanted the night to be over.

I followed him around the party, feeling increainly invisible as he paid little to no attention to me. Is this even a date? Eventually, we made our way to the rooftop, thankfully without anyone else following us. This seemed like the perfect moment for us to finally sit down, talk, and have a meal. I'm starving.

The moment we stepped on the rooftop he turned around and kissed me.
" What the fuck are you doing !?"
I yelled while punching him away.
" Come one don't act like you don't want it. We both know why we are here. "
Ohh now I get he doesn't want to ' get to know me ' he just wants to sleep with me.
" Ive got the wrong idea. " I tried saying while sounding polit. But he just got closer and closer.
" You can drop the act now. I know you want it. "
He then started kissing me again and grabbing my hips. I was about to grab my gun and fire at his balls.

When someone grabbed him from behind. I looked up to see Keng, who was fuming.
" Omg Jonathan I'm a big fan. " He began. 
" Oh- hello! I should leave. "
" Yeah "
And without another word he left running for his dear life.  I was shocked but didn't show it on my face.
" I was about to handle the situation on my one, you know. "
I said he just looked at. I didn't know what to say to him. The air filled with unspoken words. We both stood there awkwardly.
" I guess I leave. " I said to break the silence. And turned around and started leaving.

" Wait, Namping I can't let you go. "
I turned around to look at him.
" I - I - can't get you out of my mind you're all I think about. Day and night every hour every minute. Every second. "
I came closer and quickly wrapped my hand around his waist. And he did the same. Embracing me in a tight hug. He pressed his lips on mine. But this time i didn't run away. I don't care if what I'm doing is wrong. I just want to live in the moment. He finally broke the kiss.
" Ping let's date, for real this time. "
I adored it when he called me Ping it just makes me feel good. I gave him a quick peck on the lips.
" Yeah let's date. "

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Thanks for reading 😀