Shrieking Shack

A clump of dust fell from the tunnel, roots sticking out every which way. Hermione looked up. Moments before, the five students dodged a willow tree with club-like branches that sought to pound them into the ground.

Or—

George tackled her and Maud to the ground while Fred pulled Mildred out of the way in time. She didn't see which of the twins hit the sweet spot that stunned the tree, though she did hear the spell, nor did she know where the sweet spot on the Whomping Willow was, as in the confusion, she didn't see any such thing.

And now they found themselves working their way through a long tunnel, two third-years, and three first-years, the spell base the latter majorly limited by attending the school for only a week. Hermione took a deep breath, looking ahead as she kept the tip of her wand lit. "I guess we should be glad they're along with us because while I know of a few other spells from our spell book, I'm not sure I could pull them off."

"How far ahead do you think Malfoy is?" Mildred asked.

"Don't know," Fred said. "Don't care.

"There's no telling what whoever took Sybil may do to him."

"Okay? Do you care or not?" Maud said, letting out a deep sigh.

"Don't," Fred said. "Well, Hermione's sister, yes."

"Yes," George said, "But I doubt there's much we can do no matter how little the distance is."

"Is there a chance Draco went and got an adult instead?" Hermione asked. "It doesn't seem like him..."

"Yes, well..." George glanced at his twin, who kept up front with them. "Sybil?"

Fred frowned. "What about Sybil?"

"You know what mom says about them, right? So it would make sense."

"What are you talking about, George?" Hermione said.

Fred turned back, frowning. "You really can tell the difference between us two?"

"Well, you're more forward and tend to lead, while George seems to take a softer approach?"

"Ugh," Fred returned to moving through the tunnel. "I didn't need an explanation." And then he sighed. "Professor Black can also, so we should have guessed."

"There are others," George muttered.

Then, Fred held up a female. "Shush. We're starting to come to the distance it would take to get to Hogsmeade, but there is no telling—we don't want whoever has her to hear us."

"Got it!" Mildred zipped her mouth, and they continued forward, soon coming to the entrance, or the exit of the tunnel and—

Hermione almost called out her sister's name, hearing the whimper of a distressed child, knowing it was her sister.

Mildred did instead. "Sybil!"

"Mildred!" Maud said.

Fred motioned for silence when—

"More prey?" a booming voice bellowed out.

"Bloody Merlin," Fred grumbled, hurrying forward as George entered.

Hermione took a deep breath and then, without hesitation, followed afterward. She found herself in a dirty home covered in dust with broken, moth-ridden furniture; the windows and doors that led out all remained boarded up except for the self-made entrance as a cold wind blew into the place.

And there—

To describe the man, the one who called them prey—

A behemoth of a man, wolf-like, one who sent chills down her spine at his mere presence, yet Hermione felt a definite feeling of killing intent emanating from the man as Sybil continued crying. Hermione's head turned as Fred and George flung spells from their wands while throwing stink bombs from their pockets, deliberately hitting the man in the face.