Light and Dark, Dark and Light

Sirius didn't remain silent, grumbling the entire time the group returned to the castle. Things such as "bastard brother," "wench wife of his," and "Sniveling Snivilous" are nothing Hermione considers really intelligible unless one considers her uncle's dislike for certain people.

One of Sirius' disliked people placed him in charge of guarding Greyback, "Because you want to clear your friend's name, right?"

The Weasley brothers, in turn, supported the down twin on their journey to the infirmary while Hermione held her sister close, Mildred and Maud flanking either side. Snape summoned a magical stretcher for Draco. "Why," Hermione frowned, "did Draco do that?"

At the entrance, a few other teachers took charge of Greyback until the Ministry of Magic retrieved the werewolf. At the same time, Madam Pomfrey ushered everyone towards the infirmary should she might check them over, including a disgruntled Sirius, whom she didn't allow any arguments from.

And slowly—

Everything mentally whirled, with Pomfrey checking over the most severe injuries first, tucking George Weasley, Sirius Black, and Draco Malfoy into hospital beds. The infirmary matron moved to Sybil next, breathing a sigh of relief upon clearing her, then everyone else.

"She disappeared over there, dear," Pomfrey said, nodding to the hospital bed she'd placed Draco on, while the Weasley brothers refused to leave George's side, even though he seemed less severe. "And Hubble? Spellbody? You are well enough, so please head back to your dorms since it's the weekend. I'm sure you'll be summoned to answer questions later."

Hermione walked over, pushing the curtain back lightly, peering in. Her eyes blinked. "You're awake."

"Granger," Draco said, nodding his head, then wincing. His head remained bandaged, as well as the top part of his ear.

She slipped in, noticing Sybil at his side, on the bed, sleeping, her face still tear-streaked. One of Sybil's small hands clenched Draco's sleeve tightly, but his gaze followed hers.

"Oh."

"Why did you?" Hermione said, and then she took a deep breath and flung herself at him, hugging him, not caring how he tensed up, letting out an indignant sound as she did so. "Thank you. Thank you, thank you!"

"What," Draco frowned, his hands reaching up, hovering inches from her back when the curtain sprung open.

"Draco! I heard..." And then, "What is she doing here? Why are you hugging him, you filthy..."

"Parkinson! You and your friend group! Out! It's family only right now!"

"But she..."

"Out."

Draco sighed as Hermione pulled away, clearing his voice. "Yes. Family." He looked at Sybil, gently stroking the top of her head. "Mother would be most pleased if anything..."

"You should stay far, far away from the Malfoy family, Miss Granger," came a voice from the other bed. "If you know what's good for you."

Hermione took a deep breath, then said quite firmly. "I'm ignoring you." She turned to Draco, who—

He smiled, looking rather pleased with himself as Sybil stirred, sitting up, but--

"You don't need to look so pleased with yourself, Malfoy," Hermione snapped, folding her arms upon realizing he looked at her, not Sybil.

"Yes, but you said my charms wouldn't..."

"I said you're not a prince charming," Hermione said, sighing. She tilted her head. "Although, perhaps you're not as vain as I thought."