Chapter 5

He Ji's heart sank, and cold sweat broke out on his back immediately.

Teng Song's pupils were deep, dark and even, with a calm intimidation flowing quietly.

He looked at He Ji, his eyes were very weighty, and the irritable anger was still there. After hearing from Shu Di about He Ji's attack on Teng Yingzhi in the studio, there was no other emotion in his eyes.

Teng Ruicheng, who was sitting across from him, did not expect that He Ji would take action against Teng Yingzhi. On the one hand, he felt sorry for Teng Yingzhi who was beaten, but on the other hand, he was worried about He Ji because this matter was brought to Teng Song's face.

This child had just been brought home and he didn't know Teng Song well. Naturally, he didn't want He Ji to leave a bad impression on Teng Song.

He Xitang obviously thought so too, and had been silently observing Teng Song's expression, but after looking at it for a long time, he couldn't tell what Teng Song's attitude was towards this, so he also became worried.

He Ji was silent for a long time before admitting with a trembling voice, "Yes."

Teng Song still leaned on the sofa in the same careless posture, resting his elbows on the armrests, tilting his head slightly and gently touching his forehead with his fingertips. He rubbed it, closed his eyes from exhaustion or headache, and said calmly: "I'll go apologize to Yingzhi later."

He Ji's eyes were so excited by these words that he couldn't stand it before he could refute. He Xitang said indignantly: "Mr. Teng, I know it was wrong for Xiao Ji to hit someone at home. You should punish him, but you should at least ask him why he hit someone first?"

Teng Ruicheng was embarrassed and confused. Embarrassed, He Xitang quietly tugged on He Xitang's sleeve to tell her to stop talking.

He Xitang originally felt sorry for his own son who had been living abroad for 20 years before returning to him. Two days ago, he was sent to the hospital by Teng Ying with a plate of walnut cakes. He almost died, and his emotions have not calmed down until now. Not to mention He Ji, even she wanted to slap Teng Yingzhi twice, so she naturally didn't think there was anything wrong with He Ji venting his anger on his own.

Now you want He Ji to apologize to Teng Yingzhi for this? Is this purely insulting?

Immediately, regardless of what Teng Ruicheng hinted, his eyes were full of eagerness to protect his son, "Isn't it unfair for you to ask Xiao Ji to apologize without even asking a question? Don't forget, Xiao Ji is your biological brother! "

Teng Ruicheng stopped his little movements, turned his head and sighed.

He Ji also looked at He Xitang and stopped her with his eyes. There was really no need to defend him in this situation, it would only make Teng Song unhappy.

After experiencing the previous life, He Ji knew very well that Teng Song was not a person who valued blood ties. Otherwise, his father Teng Ruicheng would not have to be respectful when meeting Teng Song like other members of the family. There would be no pomp and circumstance like a biological father. It's really a joke that my mother is making fun of blood ties at this time.

He knew in his heart that Teng Song was not partial to Teng Yingzhi at this time. He had never said a word to Teng Ying in his previous life. How could a cold-hearted person be partial? At the moment, he was just dealing with this conflict as the head of the family, but this condescending attitude really made He Ji feel aggrieved, and he dared not speak out in anger.

He was feeling aggrieved. He Xitang had always been the strong and uncompromising hostess in the manor, so she was naturally even more aggrieved. When he was about to say something more, Teng Song looked over, with a clear light overflowing from his eyes, and there was a coldness as cold as ice under the golden and noble appearance. He said seriously, "Shut up."

He Xitang's face turned pale and he immediately became silent.

He Ji quickly diverted the fire, "Brother, it was Teng Yingzhi who knew that I was allergic to walnuts, and deliberately sent me walnut cakes to lie to me as peanut cakes, which caused me to almost die in the hospital. I was just discharged from the hospital today, and I couldn't help but feel angry for a while. I don't know why he did this and lied to me about taking allergens with a smile. Was he afraid that I would be taken into the house and threaten his status? If so, I could leave and go back to my adoptive parents. Just pretend that what happened in the past few days never happened."

Although his words were a bit fierce, they were neither humble nor arrogant.

He Ji knew that Teng Song was not sentimental, but he knew what kind of person Teng Song admired.

He Xitang blurted out hastily: "You can't leave! Even if you want to leave..."

Before she could finish her words, Teng Ruicheng kicked her in the calf to interrupt her. He Xitang also knew that he couldn't say this in front of Teng Song, so he could only shut up. Mouth.

"Is that so?" Teng Song turned to look at Uncle Lu.

Uncle Lu nodded and said, "Young Master He Ji was admitted to the hospital a few days ago because he was allergic to the walnut cake sent by the young master."

Teng Song closed his eyes and let out a sigh of relief.

Uncle Lu then said, "It's just that Young Master He Ji said that Young Master lied to him about the peanut cake, but Young Master said that he had never lied to Young Master He Ji."

"You tell me." Teng Song looked at He Ji with eyes The irritability almost overflowed.

He Ji didn't know what was bothering Teng Song. He had never seen Teng Song show such obvious emotions like today.

But at this time, he also understood that there was only one chance to say the same sentence in front of Teng Song.

Should this lie continue...

After thinking for a few seconds, He Ji gritted his teeth and said firmly: "He lied to me!"

With his parents nearby, it was impossible for He Ji to overturn his accusation despite Teng Song's majesty. He is not afraid to confront Teng Yingzhi about the evidence!

No one would believe that someone dared to risk their own life. Even He Ji ate the allergens because he had experienced the previous life and knew that he would not die.

Hearing this, Teng Song's expression did not change and he asked Uncle Lu: "Are the walnut cakes still there?"

"Yes." Uncle Lu immediately went to the kitchen and took two portions of walnut cakes from the refrigerator and placed them on the coffee table in front of Teng Song. "I have kept all the walnut cakes that Young Master He Ji had the night he was sent to the hospital. This one was left in the kitchen by Young Master after he finished cooking, and this one is what Young Master He Ji ate that night."

On the silver tray, there were two The walnut cakes are small and round, and the skin is indeed sprinkled with a thin layer of peanut powder.

Uncle Lu pointed out that among the portion left by He Ji, the top was a walnut cake with half of it bitten off.

One of them is not much bigger than a quail egg. It is obviously made for one bite. There is still half of such a small egg left.

Teng Song picked up a cold walnut cake from He Ji's leftover portion and crushed it directly on his fingertips. Even though it had been frozen in the refrigerator for several days, there was still a strong walnut aroma permeating the air, and there was still a sweet smell in the middle. Mixed with a lot of chopped walnuts.

The crumbs of the crispy cake splashed onto the tray from Teng Song's fingertips. You don't need to taste whether it is walnut cake or peanut cake. You can tell by looking at it and smelling it.

Shu Di immediately took out a silk handkerchief and handed it to Teng Song.

Teng Song wiped the debris on his hands, and his eyes fell heavily on He Ji, "Kneel down."

His voice was not loud, and his tone was not serious, but his cold eyes were enough to show his views and attitude on this.

He Ji didn't expect that Uncle Lu would deliberately keep this walnut cake, and he didn't expect that Teng Song would personally verify it. He suddenly turned pale and began to breathe quickly.

The eyes of Teng Ruicheng and He Xitang also changed. The former looked at He Ji with a hint of condemnation, while the latter was more worried about how long Teng Song would punish him by kneeling. After all, this child has been in poor health since he was a child. Today I have just been discharged from the hospital!

His parents didn't dare to say anything about this, and He Ji also knew that it was useless to ask anyone for help. Even if he was unwilling, he could only grit his teeth and kneel down in front of everyone.

He knelt there with his back straight and said stubbornly: "I haven't eaten walnuts in more than ten years, and I never thought that he would deliberately target me, so I didn't pay attention to what it was."

Teng Song ignored his explanation. , withdrew his gaze and stood up directly to walk to the elevator.

He Ji stared at Teng Song's indifferent back, gritting his teeth and said, "I'm not wrong, I won't apologize to Teng Yingzhi!"

Teng Song didn't look back, only his deep and majestic voice came out, " Then kneel down until you admit your mistake, and kneel down until Yingzhi forgives you."

Only Teng Yingzhi lives in this small building. Teng Song entered the elevator and explained that he was not leaving, but was obviously going upstairs to see Teng Yingzhi.

He Ji knelt there with red eyes, his hands tightly clenched into fists by his side, so hard that his joints turned white, and his whole body was trembling slightly.

You obviously have everything under control and have the advantage, but why did you act like the eldest brother as soon as he came back... was he too aggressive? He Ji thought about it carefully and then vetoed it. If he had known that Teng Song would suddenly come back today, he would not have slapped Teng Yingzhi in the face!

What happened?

Why would the eldest brother who only showed up on New Year's Eve be different from the previous life and come back on the 15th?

He Ji was so absorbed in his thoughts that he didn't even hear Teng Rui's unbearable words advising him to apologize to his brother.

Upstairs, after the elevator opened, Teng Song walked to Teng Yingzhi's bedroom door with familiarity. The restlessness in his eyes seemed to be getting heavier and his long eyebrows were furrowed.

At this time, Teng Song ignored even knocking on the door and went to open the door. He did not push it open despite his strength, only to realize that it was locked from the inside.

"Tuk, duk, duk—"

Teng Song knocked on the door patiently.

The young man's muffled cry of grievance immediately came from inside, "You don't have to worry about me!"

Teng Song said in a low voice: "It's me."

The room was quiet for a while, and then the door lock turned slightly, and the door opened from the inside. He opened one quietly, revealing a young man with red eyes next to the door. He poked half of his head out, as if there was some savage beast outside, and the door was only opened a little. He looked up at Teng Song with tears in his eyes. It just rolled down from the end of the red eye.

The room was filled with the rich aroma of peach wine as soon as he opened the door. Teng Song's frown gradually relaxed, and he held the edge of the other door with one hand to prevent him from closing it. He looked down at him and said softly: "Don't you want me to go in? ?"

Apart from tears, Teng Yingzhi's eyes also showed a trace of helplessness. After seeing that the person coming was Teng Song, her eyes did not change significantly.

But even after Teng Song said this, Teng Yingzhi still let go of the handle, turned around and returned to the place where he was just nesting, and continued to nest.

Teng Song immediately opened the door and walked into the room full of the smell of peach wine. The irritability in his eyes was visibly annihilated in this aroma.

After closing the door, Teng Yan found Teng Yingzhi huddled up next to the bed. He was leaning on the bed with his knees on the carpet, his head on his knees, and a bag of ice that had begun to melt under his cheeks. piece.

His shoulders were still shaking slightly, and Teng Song could hear the small but suppressed sobs coming from him.

Full of sadness and grievance.