Chapter XVI

Chapter 16: A mistake

I was getting ready for the evening's events in my room. I don't even know why I'm calling it an event because it's just a visit with some discussion and probably some arguing. I already know that the visit will not be beautiful and peaceful. Of course, I thought I'd keep it calm, but I don't know where it might turn out, and I can't speak for Bangtan as to how they'll react.

Part of me is beginning to regret the idea of visiting them. My whole body feels tired, heavy, and unwilling to go further than my bed. I'm also thinking about the scenario if Karina were there. Would I be able to control myself and figure things out civilly so I wouldn't look unprofessional in front of people? I also believe that Namjoon would be on Karina's side at that moment and would only see me as a threat to everything.

I still don't know what Namjoon thinks of her. After she announced that she had miscarried and left town, we didn't talk about her at all. The words and thoughts about her just disappeared.

However, Karina was still in my thoughts long after all that. Namjoon himself just never addressed her again. So I didn't selfishly do it because I thought it would be a sensitive topic for him, even though we've never known the truth.

So, it went without saying that I was looking forward to seeing Namjoon's reaction to all of this. Still, I didn't do all this as an ex but as a friend. However, I thought we were like that, even if we don't often show it. As I've said, I don't want him to get manipulated.

I didn't care one bit about Karina's opinion about me getting involved. She can't just appear out of nowhere here to mess with our heads again, even though she would fail.

I had asked Daniel to drive us there. However, he did not promise to come inside with us to take my side or protect me if necessary. I didn't even ask for it, and I wouldn't need it. Daniel just wanted to joke about it. He rarely visits the Bangtans because they are natural enemies with each other, at least on the surface, except for a few collaborations with them.

And even if I had asked him in with us, he would have said I could take care of myself better than many of the other male members. We are sometimes really difficult for each other.

As for Lisa, Jisoo, and Rosé, they thankfully took it well that only Jennie and I would visit Bangtan's base. They agreed with us that Jennie would be the best option with me. Of course, they wanted to come along and support me, but they promised to stay home.

''Are you ready?'' I heard Jennie's voice and looked through the mirror as she peeked in the door.

''Yes, I am,'' I replied and got up from the chair to follow Jennie downstairs, where the other girls were waiting. At that exact moment, I received a text message from Daniel that he was already waiting in the yard.

''We'll be back soon,'' I smiled at them. The whole situation felt strange because we never really sent anyone on a trip like this. We usually go according to our expenses if the expense does not concern an issue of the group. And we also never really tell where we are going and why. We still want to respect each other's privacy. Of course, this would backfire if something happened, but we take that risk.

However, we had talked about this, and they decided to come and say goodbye before we left.

''Be careful,'' Lisa said. I smiled in response, though, smiling back at her. It reminded me of when Lisa joined me. She was still very young then. The situation reminded me of moments when she was not yet confident and aware of how things were going.

''I know that you know that Bangtan isn't a dangerous threat to us. They don't hurt us the way many others could,'' I began. ''But as I said, you know that very well, but I understand your concern. Karina is the least of my worries at this point.''