Chapter V

Chapter 5: Ambush

After having a conversation, though I wouldn't call it a conversation as it was more like bickering at each other rather than talking, I decided to leave.

I think we both understood each other about the next patch. I will take what is mine, and Namjoon will make his men take what is theirs without any less argument or stealing each others' stuff.

I hope he keeps his promise. I hate if I have to meet Daniel for nothing and especially look at Namjoon's face.

I hate visiting them. It has never been that I walk in and have a good conversation. It always was some of the members opening their damn mouths around me and trying to tease me.

I had already run into Yoongi and seen Jin drinking. And I have already seen Jungkook today. I wonder when I'll meet the pinky man and ''a serious'' mentor.

I hope it isn't today, and they have better things to do than hanging out here doing absolutely nothing. Neither of them isn't that type of person.

Fortunately, I came home without crossing paths with any of them anymore. It must be my lucky day. Or the end of the day in this matter.

''Hey!'' Lisa greeted me when I closed the door. ''You were off quite long. We got a little worried.''

''You do know Daniel isn't the type of guy to do it in seconds. He has stamina,'' I joked, and they knew. ''Besides, I ran into golden trouble and Yoongi on the way.

Lisa 'Oh-ed' and I sat on the couch. I felt so tired for some reason. I have been gone all day doing activities that I almost forgot how hard it is to run this business. It has been quiet since the holiday ended when people went to school and work.

We didn't have clients because everyone wanted to keep a low profile and act like they worked as regular citizens. You know, not to make people suspect you.

''Did you manage to make a point to him?'' Rosé asked when she came to the room after hearing I was back.

''What do you think?'' I lifted my eyebrow. ''No, but for real, it was hard. He went on and on about me having this thing with Daniel and suggested someone else.''

''Let me guess, him?'' Rosé asked, and we all laughed. ''Why does he care anymore? He cheated on you, and you broke up because of that.''

I leaned more into the couch, sighing and thinking. ''Everyone knows you cannot just do what I do with Daniel with Bangtan. It isn't just possible. You can have fun with them, but you never get anything.'' I said, and Yoongi came to my mind.

''At least something that would benefit your gang.''

The girls know Yoongi sometimes helps me financially, and I help him with that. But that money goes on me and only me. I'm still struggling to get away from the society.

''But to your original question, yes, I think I made a point,'' I answered and got up from the couch. ''Where are Jisoo and Jennie?''

''Out,'' Rosé replied. ''They didn't say where they went.''

I nodded. It's not like we need to tell each other everything we do and where we go, but it'd be nice to know our whereabouts if something happens.

''Well, I'm off to sleep,'' I said.

''Already?'' Lisa asked. ''The show we watch comes tonight!''

''I just feel so tired,'' I whined and went upstairs.

I decided to scroll my phone for a while before sleep. Somehow I never get myself to sleep when I come to bed. I always scroll the phone for two hours before putting it down.

I got a message from Daniel all of a sudden.

''The patch is delivered tomorrow around 6 pm. I will text you the location before that.''

I just hit the thumbs up for him. He gets to my brain if I allow him to say anything else.

I have had enough Bangtan for today. I need a break. Maybe the girls can fetch the packages, and I could spend the night in them.

No.

That would give Namjoon an idea of him getting to my mind because of what he said today. It'd be a straight answer to him ''I'm not over you''.

I have to get it myself. It is a leader's duty.

The morning came, and I was bright up before the girls. I heard Jisoo and Jennie coming home, but I didn't dare to get up and ask what took them so long. After all, they came way after 3 am.

I was sipping coffee and scrolling down my phone, thinking about how to fetch the packages today. I need a car for that, but it's broken. I need to lend from someone. Maybe Daniel could give us a ride.

I don't know why I'm so ''nervous'' about this whole thing when everything should be quick and easy, and it is not like we haven't fetched things before.

And besides, Namjoon never comes to fetch anything. He always stays in and puts his men to do it. So everything should go smoothly.

''Good morning,'' Jennie announced.

''You're up early despite how late you were home. Where were you guys?'' I asked as she joined me to drink coffee.

''Well, first, we just thought about having a few drinks, and then we ran into Daniel's gang and took off from there. They told us we would get our packages today,'' She explained.

''And here I thought I'd hear you were trying to get Jisoo off of Jin again. Well, I'm glad you guys had fun,'' I laughed. ''And yes, we are getting them today, and I thought of taking you with me.''

''Oh yeah!'' Lisa clapped as she had heard us and came down herself.

Once I got the address from Daniel, we headed to it. His friends came to us as we didn't have our car, and we needed a van to get all the stuff back to our apartment's garage.

''I wish Jin would be there to load,'' Jisoo wished, and we all fake gazed at her.

In the beginning, their relationship was okay to all of us, but with time, Jin started cheating on her without thinking, and we started hating him.

But Jisoo still seems to be in his chant regardless of what he did to her. Maybe it somehow excites her. Jisoo also has affairs regularly, so that's why it didn't hit her that hard.

We arrived at the place which was far from the city. It was nighttime and dark already.

The truck is supposed to be in this little alley, out of the people's eyes, and dealt with before anyone outsider could see it.

We were the first to arrive, which was surprising.

Usually, Bangtan is way before us because if they want to claim something that doesn't belong to them without our eyes, they will do it, and that's why they always show up a little earlier.

Only a few of Daniels' men were here when we exited the car.

''Did Bangtan already visit here?'' I asked them.

''No, they haven't. You're the first one, which is a little odd,'' one of them answered. I looked around me, and it was dead silent.

Something isn't adding up.

''I have a bad feeling. Girls load them fast,'' I ordered, and they started helping Daniel's men.

While loading, I heard a sound, and then it was on.

''Freeze! It is the police!''

Shit