Chapter IX

Chapter 9: Visiting time

I didn't get any sleep the next night whatsoever. It was like I was living in an actual nightmare. Getting Daniel this mad isn't a good thing. He is our primary supplier and income. Without him, I don't know where we will end up.

I didn't want to tell my girls that soon they might have to look for another gang that could provide them with what they needed if this ended badly. I cannot support them when it'd be hard to live as one after there was no money left.

Namjoon's face appeared in my head like this might be what he wanted.

All night, I thought about ways to talk to Daniel today. First, I'd have to figure out how to get him to let me in. He doesn't want to see or speak to me, so getting in first is the step I need to take.

Then, I tried to figure out the right and fast words for him to believe me before he decided to throw me out. This whole situation was stressing me. We have always had a good connection with one another.

It is odd how he could see this as my fault. Technically, it is my fault because Namjoon is doing this because of me. I know Daniel hates him as much as I am. Why does Daniel believe him over me?

Either he is stupid or thinks about what is best for his family. I'm risky as long as Namjoon has a grip on me.

But I don't think I'll get off of his grip ever. He won't let go.

So it was finally a morning after that awful night, and I started getting ready to meet Daniel again. I know he won't believe me by action, so dressing well would rather be a mistake than a gesture of truce. He'll think I think he is easy to trick.

Though I'd love to write on Namjoon's door that I went to fuck his worst enemy right as he thought he got rid of him and at the same time out of my life. The idea sounds intriguing, but I couldn't use Daniel for that.

All I want is for us to make a deal again and for him to believe me.

I walked downstairs, and Lisa was already awake in the kitchen. ''Good morning,'' I said as I went to grab a cup of coffee.

''Good morning, you look good,'' she said, being sarcastic. ''I assume you didn't sleep at all?''

''Yeah, what do you think?'' I chuckled as I sat down in front of her. ''This whole situation is getting worse. I'll go to Daniel's flat to see if he will let me in.''

''Do you need backup?'' Lisa asked.

Though I said I didn't want to worry about the girls and bring them more trouble, I nodded to Lisa's question and let her come with me. It won't be any harm, and I have a witness if something happens.

We left a note to the others before we left. Daniel's place wasn't that far, so we could easily walk there. I bet no one would dare to come and pick us up after what happened. I'm so stressed about what other groups think of us now.

They will treat us like black cats are treated as bad luck.

''Have you thought about what you'll say to him?'' Lisa asked as we were getting near his place. I would be lying if I said yes. Though I stayed almost all night thinking about this, I still couldn't find a perfect way to explain things to him.

''My original plan was first to see if we even get inside. That's the first step.''

But also convincing him to let us inside and not lock the door for good so he wouldn't hear us. I'm sure he has told everything to his guards, but I hope I can still get myself in.

We arrived, and there were more men outside than usual. Usually, there wasn't even one because all of them were inside. They spotted us pretty quickly.

''Look who we have here. Sorry, but you're not welcome. So chop, turn around, and walk away.'' one of the men said. I chuckled and pushed him aside. Despite the hard words, I am not stopped by them.

But the next obstacle wasn't as easy to push away as those pathetic boys.

I already saw the wide smirk he always does. He was coming out of Daniel's place. What is he doing here?

''This must be the most pathetic thing I've seen today,'' he said as he reached us. ''Are you going to go and beg for forgiveness from him? You know him, and you should know better.''

''Step aside, Hoseok, I don't need you right now,'' I said as I tried to walk past him.

''I'm not going to stop you because I know you won't get what you want,'' he said.

''Then why are you still standing in front of me?'' I lifted my eyebrow. He laughed and continued his way.

Hoseok is one of Namjoon's men. He is the same age as him, but their personalities are different. Where Namjoon chants you with his look, Hoseok does that with his face. When I meet a woman who has been with him, they're full of joy. People often tell how bright his smile is regardless of what he does. That is why you should never trust him. He has such a duality when it comes to seeing his dark side and human side.

''Why do I always have to meet everyone here?'' I argued. ''Last time, it was the golden trouble, and I swear to God, if I see even one Bangtan member here, I will explode.''

''I cannot knock the wood, girl,'' Lisa laughed. ''But why do you seem so surprised that they're here? Jungkook always hangs out here regardless of what gang he belongs to.''

''Sigh, you're right,'' I admitted. ''Maybe this whole situation is just making me overthink things.''

We stepped inside Daniel's place, which was a bit dark. It was nothing like Bangtan's place, which was classier than this one. I never really look around when I come here to collect my price.

''Are you confident he will want to talk to you after what he said?'' Lisa asked.

''If I'm being honest. Yes, I am. But we'll see.''

Meanwhile, Rosé, Jennie, and Jisoo woke up. As Rosé came down, Jennie ate breakfast, and Jisoo drank her coffee while waving the little note you and Lisa left. ''They went without us?''

''You shouldn't sleep so much,'' Jennie laughed.

''Hey! You two slept the same am-''

Rosé didn't have time to argue when their door suddenly busted open. They were both startled by it and saw Namjoon walking in with Jin.

''What the hell-'' Jisoo said as they all stood up.

''Good morning ladies.''