Chapter VIII

Chapter 8: A mess

I didn't know what time it was. And I didn't care. It could be four in the morning or two. I didn't know. The girls and I came home, and I tossed my boots angrily to the ground, not hitting the space made for them.

The girls didn't dare to say anything. Rosé, who was always so strict with cleaning and being organized, didn't dare to tell me to put them in their place. They watched me climb upstairs to my room.

Once I reached it, I dropped my body to my bed and head to my pillow. I screamed into the pillow out of frustration. I felt humiliated in front of so many and especially Bangtan. The thought of me being the debt on Namjoon made me want to rip every organ out of my body and die.

That's a nasty way to put it, but that's how I felt. I never wanted to be in debt to him. And once everyone knows I owe him, I'm seen as an easy target, and god knows what kind of rumors there will be.

I can already see the Bangtan members mocking me when they see me. They will bring it up, make me feel pathetic, and that I have lost my touch.

And for the girls, I seem like a bad leader, and they're starting to get offers to join another group soon. I don't want that, and I hate how one man can make me feel like this and make my life a living hell from now on.

Maybe I wasn't as careful as I had been before. This is my fault for not being too cautious about what was around me. My girl's trusted me, and I'm sure Daniel did too. I cannot even begin to think about what he might be thinking right now.

Some of his men might still be at the police station, and who knows what will happen to them. The police could find out it was Daniel who ordered the stuff and arranged the whole deal.

But as we know, Namjoon planned this whole thing to get to me and ruin everything. Daniel could never betray me, but I wasn't sure if he ever thought the same of me.

I know he is mad, and our partnership might end right here, but I hope he will listen to me and understand it. He knows my past with Namjoon. The whole town does. It'll be easy to convince him that this is just Namjoon getting back to me.

But I still regret talking to him and telling him not to interfere with our supplies. That gave him an idea, and he knew what I'd do that night. Although he knows my movements anyway, I don't know how, but he does.

God, what a mess.

I woke up to a loud bang that I assumed came from our front door. I put my morning robe on and exited my room, finding Lisa standing in the hallway, looking downstairs with sleepy eyes.

''Who could that be?'' she asked.

I have a pretty good guess. I walked down the stairs to the door, which surprisingly hadn't fallen yet due to the loud bangs. I was sure the person's goal was to get through the door even if they'd be breaking it.

I opened the door, and my guess was correct. Daniel barked angrily, and I closed the door. ''Look-''

''How could you? I trusted you, and now my men will be locked down for a while!''

''Firstly, Daniel, I'm sorry,'' I tried to calm him down. ''But it wasn't my plan. I wasn't behind this. This is all Namjoon's idea.''

Daniel looked at me in disbelief. ''What are you saying? He had nothing to do with this. The supplies weren't for him. How would he have known?''

''He planned this. This was his way to get to me. He wanted us to be apart. He doesn't like our dealership and what we do with each other,'' I yelled back.

''So are you saying this is just some stupid jealousy revenge? Out of fucking jealousy, my men are now locked up, and I don't know when I'll get them back. Also, the original supplier called me and canceled every deal of ours. Do you understand what you have done?'' Daniel yelled.

''I know, and I'm sorry!'' I tried, but even I knew nothing was changing his mind. He was right. This is my fault because everything starts with me.

''Sorry isn't going to make up for this,'' he walked out of the house, shutting the door loudly.

I wanted to punch something or someone. I felt rage going through my veins and didn't know what to do.

Fuck you, Namjoon, fuck you.

A few hours back: last night

After you had left the room, leaving Namjoon with his trusted friends, he sighed.

''I hate to break the ice, but I lowkey feel you made a huge mistake. This is a big thing, hyung. We don't care how Y/n reacts, but other gangs will hear about this, and so will Daniel,'' Yoongi shook his head.

Namjoon walked to his desk and sat down on the chair. He lit a cigarette and let his friends stare at him, waiting for him to say something.

''You really think I didn't think this through, and I just did it like that? Who do you think I am?''

Despite Yoongi being a trusted friend and he had his right to say against Namjoon, he still felt nervous sweat going through his head after that statement. This is why the youngest members never really open their mouths.

''I'm sure Yoongi didn't mean that,'' Jin said. ''We are all just worried about how this will affect our business.''

''Really?'' Namjoon asked, but it didn't sound surprising.

He stood up again and walked around the room for a while which didn't make his friends less nervous. It was the opposite.

''Didn't you think that by bringing Daniel down like this, other gangs won't trust him anymore? Daniel was the biggest supplier around here, and now they are too scared to make a deal with him again.'' Namjoon explained.

''So this wasn't just to get back on Y/n?'' Jungkook asked.

Namjoon shook his head. ''I had to admit, my main point was to get her attention and get her closer to me so I can lure her back to my heart but bringing Daniel down was just a bonus.''

''B-but the other gangs will know it was you who set the thing up. Doesn't it change anything?'' Taehyung wondered.

''My move was big enough for them to be afraid of me too. They won't say no to me from now on because they know what I'm capable of,'' Namjoon sat back down in his chair and sipped the remaining leftover whiskey he had in his glass.

''Do you still think I made a mistake?''

Others looked at each other, now more hopeful of their leader's choice. At first, they were scared that this would ruin the business, and Namjoon acted out of the blindness of love. This could be true. He said it himself, but the members wouldn't bring that aspect up.

But they were a bit afraid of how this will all end up.

They knew how you were. If Namjoon wanted you back, this wouldn't be how you do it.

______

Remember to give this chapter a vote ⭐️
and follow me on my Instagram @/taehyungslittleberry 🤍