Chapter I

Chapter 1: My story

I'm sitting in the club, on this barstool

I'm sitting in the club, on this barstool. My friends are having fun with some men. What am I doing here? I'm just simply sitting and drinking my cocktail. I'm not the type of woman to be partying that much with other men. I have a taste and would like to keep it that way.

How did I get here? Well, that's a long story. But I'll make it quick.

People are curious about how I ended up on the street. How did I become the leader of a girl gang in Seoul? How do I succeed in all that?

I was never from a wealthy family. Or not a regular family. My parents didn't have enough money to help me with everything. They tried their best, but I was always the one who went to school with the same shirt every day until it just couldn't fit anymore. We saved a lot of everything and bought only the necessary things.

Because of that, I learned that you need to be thankful for everything you have right there at the moment. You don't need to think of any expensive things and things in general that you need.

The old saying ''Live in the moment'' is familiar to my family.

I meant was. My parents died when I was fifteen. They died in a car crash. I was home when my grandma called me and told me the news. I thought my life ended right there. And that thought went through my head many times.

My grandma was too old to take care of me. She wanted it, but the social companies said that is no use. And it was true. My grandmother died a year later. So I'd have had to move again soon.

I feel like everyone I know is dead and that I'm alone in this world. I ended up moving from family to family until I could manage myself.

The losses in my life changed me. I learned to take care of myself and be tough. And that's why I'm here, being the leader of a gang group. I didn't think I'd end up like this, but school was never interesting for me, and I started being a rebel after I lost my family.

But this life right now is the best I can have. I got to know people in these streets and how much they have helped me through the hard times.

I found a place to stay, and a few months later, I wanted to help others as they helped me. People get on the streets often, especially young girls. That's where I helped my current gang members: Lisa, Rosé, Jisoo, and Jennie. They didn't come all at once, but we became a family.

They are my girls, and I love them so much. Living with them and spending every day with them is a gift. A leader has her followers even though we treat each other equally. The girls have just let me be the one deciding everything, but I do listen to their opinions too.

So this is my life, pretty, right? I have days when I cry myself to sleep because of the situation I have in my life, but there are days when I'm grateful for what I have. I have learned to appreciate everything I have right now, everything I get.

Now I'm here, sitting at a club we often visit. I'm here with my gang, and we are just having the usual Friday night.

In reality, we have business here to do, and we're just waiting for our ''client'' to come and give us the things we want, money.

We sell legal weapons to people who want to buy them. You thought we'd sell drugs like Bangtan is doing? We aren't going that low.

The effect of drugs is beautiful. It gives you the feeling you could never experience in real life. It makes you feel like a feather and like you'd be dancing in the sky.

I look at the people who are dancing. Those fools are so drunk. They're acting like they own the dance floor. They're trying to hit on women and see if they get any luck.

I was getting tired. Last night we got up with a fight with some gang that lasted long. It was annoying as usual. As we'd usually fight with Bangtan,  it was one of the other girl gangs this time.

They were accusing us of flirting with some other guys they fancy. This group is new here. They should know that in this neighborhood, no one owns anyone.

People choose you because they get attracted to you, and you seem interesting. People won't show interest in you if they don't want to or see anything in you.

''Ugh, I want to go home already,'' Jennie was groaning next to me. We indeed have been here for longer than we usually are. Our client is late, and I hate when people make me wait.

''I will get us some drinks to stay awake,'' I suggested and dragged my lazy body towards the bar. I sat in the bar and asked the barista to pour us some drinks.

While I was waiting, a guy sat next to me. ''Hey beautiful,'' He said, and I rolled my eyes.

''Jin, you think that will work on me? What are you even doing here? You guys are never here on Fridays?'' I asked because I seriously didn't have anything to do while waiting for our drinks.

''Yes, we are not here on Fridays, but that doesn't mean I can't be here on Fridays,'' He said. He is testing my nerves with his jokes right now, and I'm not laughing.

''I'm here for my own business,'' He continued.

''Wow, good for you. You have some guts to talk to me. Isn't your leader strict enough?'' I smirked as I took the drinks.

''You broke up months ago. The rules don't imply anymore. And besides, I'm not here to hit on you. I'm handsome enough to wait for you to come to me,'' Jin then stood up and walked away.

I swear to God, man.

Kim SeokJin

He is 27 years old and has black hair and broad shoulders. Personality is self-loving. He likes to flirt a lot, but usually, his flirts are jokes. Daddy jokes are more likely. Jin is a good man and is the eldest of the Bangtan group. Despite him being like this, he is very mysterious. It might seem soft and easy to take him down, but in reality, it is not easy. He has power, and people respect him because he is the eldest. That's why he is Namjoon's right arm.

That's why I need to be careful with him. He reports everything to Namjoon. Including the conversation we had. Even though it'd make him trouble.

So him being nice to me is only to test me.

I walked back to the girls and handed them over their glasses. ''What took you so long?'' Lisa asked who had come back from dancing.

''I ran into Jin or he to me,'' I answered.

''Is he following us?'' Jisoo asked.

''Jisoo, honey, he isn't here for you if you ask me. He didn't look at you at all and didn't even mention you. So stop wasting your time on him,'' I said.

Jisoo and Jin have a history. They used to date for months. They started being after Namjoon and me, but they broke up about three weeks ago. I never asked why, but I guess it's not the same reason I have with Namjoon, cheating. Jin might be a bad guy, but he is also a gentleman. He'd never cheat on a girl.

But as I don't know a reason why they broke up, I still can't let my girl be hurt again. I won't allow it.

But I think Jin's reason to be here is us, no matter what he said.

You can't trust Bangtan.

____

Remember to give this chapter a vote ⭐️
and follow me on my Instagram @/taehyungslittleberry 🤍