Beginnings - 03

The layout and the interior of my new office just proves how successful Guardians Elite is

The receptionist leads me towards a woman with an exceptional dressing sense and a bland humour sense. Or a lack thereof.

She gives me a tour around the office and introduces me to my new team. They all are very warm and welcoming. Rachel, & me are the only women on the team and we instantly click. The guys Raman, Mihir, Sridar & Pradeep are friendly enough that I think besides how my day started with Shariq's bullshit the rest of the day is going pretty good.

I make good use of my little cabin to arrange my things.

All my guilty pleasure books are stuffed into a small drawer in the bottom of my table to avoid anyone's vicinity. My cactus plant is placed at the top and I am all set to work.

My first project is submitted by the lunch time and we all take our time in canteen chatting about everything and mostly about my life. Which is not much to their dismay.

Miss.Gaya the lady with the exceptional outfit gives me the stink eye everytime someone laughs around me. I give her a tight smile and turn around to act like I am working on the project which was submitted hours ago.

The week passes along with getting to know people and familiarising myself with my work.

Shariq sends me pictures of whatever girl he spends his time with probably assuming that I'll get jealous.

Boo fucking hoo. I am not.

I block his number like I usually do even after knowing that he'll text me with another number. I don't understand his logic though. Whatever he does just makes me loose his appeal day by day. He is an attractive guy I won't deny it. What he got in that department, he lacks it in his personality.

Two weeks went by with all the hustle and bustle. On Monday our company announces of the annual party which is held in appreciation for the employee's hardwork. We all help them in all the decorations for the party.

We have so much fun working together and taking pictures of our results. I work myself extra and go above & beyond to help my team. My friends appreciates me & they always ask for my opinion. I feel so liberated working here.

Among all the busy times of playing music and singing together, everything stops suddenly. I sing the part of "Call It What You Want" by Taylor Swift without realising the song has ceased playing. Hearing my own voice I stop singing and slap my palm over my mouth making a turn to my behind to see what happened.

And there he is.

Vihaan Rajputh

Looking straight at me among all the chaos.

His eyes are a darkest shade of lightening grey his hair a shock of smooth black and his expression is thunderous like he is trying so hard to stop something from coming out of his mouth.