Love/Obsession - 06

Once again a reminder to my dear readers. Shariq Raichand is not the main lead. I do not appreciate such behaviour and will not ever romanticize such things ❌

Happy Reading!

6 years before

6 years before

I fell in love or is it obsession? I really don't know the difference.

I was alone sitting in my new classroom. Everyone around me were chatting with their friends. They don't know the power my father has so still they didn't try to kiss my ass like they did in previous schools.

I wait for the class to start. It's getting boring. When someone taps me on my shoulder I turn with an irritated huff.

There.

A girl with a very lean build sits behind me. She is surrounded with many friends but she talks to me.

She's not the ideal beauty type I usually fool around with. She has dark hair and brown skin. I roll my eyes internally.

Very bland to my taste.

"Hi, I am Shivanya!" She extends her hand with a blinding cheerfulness.

I give her a condescending once over & say, "Shariq." and shake her hand.

"So Shariq who are you?" What is with this chick and her questions?

"I am a human and probably a new boy toy to have a crush on" I say to her. Because obviously girls always fall all over my feet.

"Oh no no. You have figured me out all wrong!" She laughs like I said something funny. I didn't.

"I was going to ask if you need any previous year notes. This is our final year and you just arrived I think you have missed out on a lot." She says it with genuine concern.

I look at her for a long time. Interesting.

"So what if I say I want you to write me all the notes from last year?" I internally smirk and wait for her withdrawal and to tell her to find someone of her standards to flirt with.

She hesitates for a second. Huh! Gotcha!

"I think I can actually scrounge up some time to write notes. Do you need it handwritten?" Her eyebrows furrow into a V. "I can help you with photocopies too if it's hard to afford for you." She smiles at me looking satisfied with her offer.

Did she think I am some kind of charity case?

"What?" I reply scrunching my nose at her without knowing what to say.

She notices my expression & her constant smile fails, "No it's okay. That came out all wrong. I'll write it for you. No problem!" She stumbles to make it up to me looking apologetic.

Oh she really is cute.

"Oh no you Shivanya Gupta. Not Again. Not on my watch!" Comes a voice which grates on my nerves. I turn to find a girl glaring daggers at Shiv.

Shiv? Yup she's Shiv to me.

I look at the girl who keeps her balled fists into either side of her hips. Giving me a a glorious view of her spectacular body.

Liking a girl doesn't mean I can't appreciate another body.

"Not again Shivi. You are not helping another person out of the goodness of your heart. You already have a lot to study for the finals. How many times did I tell you to mind yourself?" I instantly dislike her because she scolds my Shiv.

My Shivanya.

"Alright Mama bear, retract your claws. I just offered him help if he needs anything." She says sheepishly like this occasion has happened before many times. I don't like that. She only needs to help me.

The devil girl takes Shiv by her arms to a corner and whisper hisses which I can perfectly hear from the place I am sitting.

"Shivi this is not right. You already have a lot on your plate! I am done with your people pleasing bullshit!" She scolds her.

"Nitya! He seemed so alone & lost I just wanted to ask if he needs my help." She whisper in a forlorn tone.

The place where I think a heart should be, because mine doesn't exist of course makes a twist.

"Alright. Don't show me those puppy eyes. You win. But what I say stands."
She retreats tapping her foot rising her chin sky high.

"Okay okay." the bell rings and they both exits the classroom in each other's arms. Before they exit Shiv turns around and gives me a small smile.

And I know I am never going to be the same after this.

Later that day she gives me her lunch saying that, she always offers them to her new classmates. I eat it despite my policy of never eating anything made by others, other than my cook.

She's like a walking ferris wheel. Always happy and brings her light everywhere she goes.

I want to put her into a cage & keep her to myself.

Hmm. Tempting.

I observe her from my usual place in class. She never talked with me after that day or didn't spare me even a glance. This disturbs me. I want to take everything she has and owns.

I have never seen someone who attracts people with their personality like she does. She's not the most beautiful girl in the class but she has this energy surrounding her. I want to smother it so that she could only stay with me.

All the time.

To be continued...