𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞

Y/n's Pov

I was sitting down at my desk, finishing up my school work for the day, luckily today was Friday so we didn't get as much work as we usually do on other week days.

As I was finishing up my science worksheet, I heard a ringing sound coming from my phone, I look down at it to see the name, "Coach Nobuteru", I immediately get nervous and hesitantly press the answer button, putting the phone next to my ear.

"H-hello." I say shyly as I can hear him smile through the phone, "Hello, is this Miss Y/l/n?" He asks me politely as I nod, but quickly realize that he can't see me, "Y-yes sir." I say as he speaks again, "That's great, I see you have applied for the position of team manager for our club, is that correct?" He asks me as I reply with a simple, "Yes sir." He chuckles a little, "Well, in that case, I would like to see how you would do as our manager, I would like you to come just to our evening practices that start right after school ends, we'll see how you put up with the job for about a week before we make our final decision." He said as he smiled lightly, "Thank you sir, and I promise, I won't let you down." I say as I hear him smile through the phone, "Okay, I'll take your word for it, have a good day!" He says as I bid him goodbye as well.

Once the phone call ended it felt like a weight had been lifted off of my chest, but then another one got put on, 'What happens if I make a bunch of mistakes on just my first week!?' I ask myself mentally.

I look down at my homework, and decide to just get one thing done at a time, starting with getting my work done.

______

The rest of my Friday went as I planned it would, just reading or going on my phone, eventually my mom called out for dinner.

I went out of my room and saw my little brother running downstairs, "I'm going to beat you, Y/n!" He says excitedly as he ran downstairs, I ran a little bit after him shouting, "No you won't!" He did, in fact beat me, and started confidently smiling at me, I ruffled his hair, "Good job buddy!" I said as a light blush creeped up on his cheeks.

We made it to the dinner table where my mom and dad were already sitting, my brother and me sat down next to each other.

We were having onigiri with noodles and broccoli, my brother made a disgusted  face at the broccoli and when my mom and dad weren't look I slowly handed him my rice balls under the table while he handed me his broccoli, fair trade in my opinion

"So Y/n," my dad said, making me jump a little and look at him, "what happened with the job you were applying for, what was it again, a manager for a sport team?" He said as I nodded, "Yes, I applied to be the manager for my schools volleyball team, nothing too special, I didn't technically get the position, but this week they are going to just see how I do with the job so they can decide whether or not it's good for me." I said as I shrugged, my mom smiled brightly, "Well, that's amazing honey!" She said enthusiastically, I shrug, "It's pretty cool, I guess." I said as she looked at me, "You're going to do awesome, I just know it!" She said confidently as my dad nodded.

Once dinner was done I decided to just get ready for bed and go on my phone for the remainder of the night.

New Notification from: Kiyoko Shimizu

I click on the text message to read it.

Kiyoko Shimizu: So did you decide you wanted to become a manager, or did you apply for something else?