Twenty-nine

'Leon, why are you so silent? Didn't you have a great day today?' His mom asked when they were having lunch
'Dad, how did you know that mom was the one?' His mom directly knew that this was gonna be a father-son conversation and started to clean up the table.

'Son, on the second date with your mom, I knew I wanted to marry her.' It was quiet, Leon was thinking about it. 'But I only had one date with her...' He whispered to himself.
'What did you say, son? You had a date? When?' His dad didn't know he had a date. 'And who was the lucky girl?'

His mom came between them. Who already knew Leon had a date with the girl next door yesterday. 'I thought you were going to have a good conversation. About the serious kind of thing. I mean it seemed like it. You don't have to yell at him.' While his mother said that to his father, Leon already took off to his room and see if he could see if Violetta was in her room. She wasn't, unfortunately.

Violetta
'How was your day, sis? Wait, you had a date! You had a date with Leon! The boy next door. How was it?' Diego changed the subject when we were done talking about dad's business. 'Diego! Did you really had to?' I gave him a fake smile. 'But yeah, it was... ' I got butterflies when I thought about being close to him.
'I hear it already, it was amazing. The boy of your dreams.' Dad said with a little sarcastic voice. 'Hey... German. Please.'

'I'm sorry, honey. How was it?' He asked nice and sweet this time. 'It was actually really nice and emotional. He told me a story about his grandparents. They aren't here anymore, sadly.' I got a little sad my own now because I could feel it all again when he told me the story. And dad saw it. He gave me a good hug.

Up in my room I saw that Leon had sent me a message. 'Can we please talk?'

I texted him right away that I'll be coming over. I grabbed my keys and ran down again. Without saying anything I left the house.

Once I was standing at the door of his house, I knocked, and his mom opened the door. 'Violetta, hi. He's upstairs.' She told me. I nodded. 'Thank you.' I told her while in stepped inside and walked upstairs.